S’mores French Toast

It’s back! The blog is back! Hallelujah, praise Bieber.

Thanks for sticking with me through all of the “account suspended” business. I was finally able to get things transferred to a new host that does not hate me and want me dead, so that’s nice!

To celebrate I made brinner. You know…breakfast for dinner. Brinner.

My husband works third shift and usually wakes up just as I’m starting dinner. He loves when I make breakfast for dinner since it actually is his breakfast. I was so sure he was going to be pleased when he saw this.

Instead, he walked in the kitchen, looked around, and asked where dinner was.

Um, hello? Don’t you see the marshmallows and Nutella? What about the WHOLE GRAIN BREAD and EGG?

Dinner. Duh.

Normally, I’d probably call this dessert, but it’s been a rough few days and the idea for a s’mores stuffed french toast popped in my head and wouldn’t get out. So, I went with it. I’m glad I did, even if it did cause my husband to put his cheek against my forehead to check for a fever.

I’m not sick. I’m just brilliant.

S’mores French Toast

Ingredients

• 2 slices sandwich bread
  • handful of mini marshmallows
  • Nutella
  • 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons milk

Instructions

1. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
  2. Beat the egg and milk together in a pie plate or shallow dish. Pour the graham cracker crumbs in a second pie plate or shallow dish.
  3. Spread Nutella on both slices of bread. Top one slice with mini marshmallows and then put the other slice of bread on top, Nutella side down. Squish it together a bit.
  4. Place the sandwich in the egg mixture and turn to coat. Remove from the egg mixture and place in the graham cracker crumbs, turning the sandwich to coat each side with crumbs.
  5. Place the sandwich on the skillet and cook until lightly browned and the marshmallows are melted. Let sit for a few minutes before cutting in half. Enjoy!

72 Responses to “S’mores French Toast”

1. Lori @ RecipeGirl July 15, 2011 @ 7:53 am (#

Whoa. This is… decadent. And by that I mean yummy.

2. Maria July 15, 2011 @ 7:56 am (#

WOW! That is a decadent breakfast!

3. Rachel August 16, 2011 @ 7:24 pm (#

Hey Buns in my Oven!
    This recipe looks crazy delicious- so much, in fact, that I put it on my own blog!

Check it out here at http://collegiatecreative.wordpress.com/2011/08/16/five-foodie-faves-august/

4. Dana October 18, 2011 @ 5:32 pm (#

Are you KIDDING me??? *drool*

5. Jenn November 11, 2011 @ 9:24 am (#

I just want to say thank you for this recipe, after seeing it on your website, I knew in my heart that I HAD to make it, so I did.. 2 or 3 times, a week, for about a month….. I’ve never bought so much bread in my life, and all for this one recipe.. Not only is it delicious, but my boyfriend decided to love me more because of this, and than he proposed, because of you, and this recipe… Okay that might be a stretch, but seriously, we both love this. Not only that but we like to switch it up a bit (well I do, he doesn’t know how to butter toast, literally). So sometimes I’ll make it with nutella, peanut butter and oreo cookie crumbs on the outside, or peanut butter and banana with cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top… So thank you, I could literally kiss you on the mouth for this recipe… but I won’t, no worries. =]
    -Jenn Musarra

6. Kaylie @ Skinny Muffin December 23, 2011 @ 4:06 pm (#

Yum! Can’t wait to try these. I’ve been on the pancake train but I’m thinking about switching to the french toast train.

7. Lovetta Westerlund January 31, 2012 @ 6:21 pm (#

I like what you guys are up too. Such clever work and reporting! Carry on the superb works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my site :). “The bigger the information media, the less courage and freedom they allow. Bigness means weakness.” by Eric Sevareid.

8. A table les garçons !!! October 6, 2012 @ 8:37 am (#

Hello, i discover with pleasure your blog and i like very much. I’ll try today this s’mores french toast, it’s for me :))) Thank you and see you soon !!!

1. Pingback: Food Links of the Day: 3 Unique Takes on S’mores | The Hectic Gourmet

2. Pingback: Happy S’more Day «

3. Pingback: Must Share Nutella Recipes | The Average Girl's Guide

4. Pingback: “S’more”gasbord | Mojuba Wedding

5. Pingback: S’mores Bars « christina's kitchen..

6. Pingback: Lehigh Valley Cafe Lehigh Valley Momma