S’mores French Toast

Smores French Toast recipe

It’s back! The blog is back! Hallelujah, praise Bieber.

Thanks for sticking with me through all of the “account suspended” business. I was finally able to get things transferred to a new host that does not hate me and want me dead, so that’s nice!

To celebrate I made brinner. You know…breakfast for dinner. Brinner.

Smores French Toast recipe

My husband works third shift and usually wakes up just as I’m starting dinner. He loves when I make breakfast for dinner since it actually is his breakfast. I was so sure he was going to be pleased when he saw this.

Instead, he walked in the kitchen, looked around, and asked where dinner was.

Um, hello? Don’t you see the marshmallows and Nutella? What about the WHOLE GRAIN BREAD and EGG?

Smores French Toast recipe

Dinner. Duh.

Normally, I’d probably call this dessert, but it’s been a rough few days and the idea for a s’mores stuffed french toast popped in my head and wouldn’t get out. So, I went with it. I’m glad I did, even if it did cause my husband to put his cheek against my forehead to check for a fever.

I’m not sick. I’m just brilliant.

Smores French Toast recipe

S’mores French Toast

Ingredients

• 2 slices sandwich bread
  • handful of mini marshmallows
  • Nutella
  • 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons milk

Instructions

1. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
  2. Beat the egg and milk together in a pie plate or shallow dish. Pour the graham cracker crumbs in a second pie plate or shallow dish.
  3. Spread Nutella on both slices of bread. Top one slice with mini marshmallows and then put the other slice of bread on top, Nutella side down. Squish it together a bit.
  4. Place the sandwich in the egg mixture and turn to coat. Remove from the egg mixture and place in the graham cracker crumbs, turning the sandwich to coat each side with crumbs.
  5. Place the sandwich on the skillet and cook until lightly browned and the marshmallows are melted. Let sit for a few minutes before cutting in half. Enjoy!

72 Responses to “S’mores French Toast”

1. brandi April 5, 2011 @ 1:31 pm (#

yes please! I’ll take this for dinner any night. That melty nutella and fluff! Yum.

2. DessertForTwo April 5, 2011 @ 1:32 pm (#

You’re back!!! Yay!!!

3. Vanessa B April 5, 2011 @ 1:37 pm (#

This looks so good! I know that if Jessica saw this she’d beg to have this for dinner and she doesn’t like french toast! So glad to see you back!!

4. Kathy @ The Sugar Queen April 5, 2011 @ 1:59 pm (#

Wow does that look good. Plus anything with nutella is a real winner!

5. Natalie @ Perrys' Plate April 5, 2011 @ 2:16 pm (#

I’m so glad things are back up and running for you! What a pain that must have been. You guys so deserved this brinner. It looks incredible, actually. (I’m a big fan of nutella s’mores, but you know that already :))

6. alli April 5, 2011 @ 2:19 pm (#

ummm are you kidding me!?! My kids would love me lots and lots if this show up in my house for brinner. I am book marking for a special treat dinner. YUM!

7. Cindi April 5, 2011 @ 2:42 pm (#

I am drooling! I can’t wait to give these a try! I am glad your site is back up- I missed it! :)

8. Gail April 5, 2011 @ 2:47 pm (#

Welcome back! :)

And…I just have to say that most days I think your blog is genius…but today? It’s evil genius.

9. Cookbook Queen April 5, 2011 @ 2:57 pm (#

Yours is one of the few blogs I run to read. Okay, I don’t exactly RUN. That would require sensible shoes and a certain amount of physical exertion. But I do look forward to it more than most. Because you make stuff like this.

Duh.

Seriously, you’re genius. Because while I was eating grilled chicken last night and wondering what amount I needed to eat before it would be appropriate to break out the Easter candy, you were eating this.

Can you come live with me?

10. Karen April 5, 2011 @ 3:21 pm (#

Did your husband like it?

11. Denise April 5, 2011 @ 3:23 pm (#

Glad you made it back!! Sure missed all the recipes I cannot eat till after Easter. Love nutella and marshmallows 3 more weeks to go lol

12. Sandy April 5, 2011 @ 3:57 pm (#

Seriously, Nutella and marshmallows cleverly worked into a meal – wow! I am SOOOOO making this for our next brinner!

13. Amber April 5, 2011 @ 4:37 pm (#

Wow!! You ARE brilliant!!! This looks delicious, but I think my husband might disown me if I made this for dinner…

14. d.liff @ yelleBELLYboo April 5, 2011 @ 4:57 pm (#

Nutella on anything – you’ve got me. This looks amazing.

15. Stefanie April 5, 2011 @ 5:03 pm (#

I was all confused yesterday when I couldn’t get to your blog! Glad you’re back. This grilled sandwich looks kinda amazing!!

16. Mrsblocko April 5, 2011 @ 5:27 pm (#

I’m bummed out I already ate dinner. I’m gonna make this for myself one night when I’m home alone and I can’t be a bad influence on anyone else but me!

17. Miss April 5, 2011 @ 5:27 pm (#

Oh my word! Glad you are back.

18. Joanne April 5, 2011 @ 6:12 pm (#

Back with a vengeance. Now this is what I like to see!

If I woke up to this, you’d be my hero. Brinner of champions.

19. Dannie April 5, 2011 @ 7:33 pm (#

Glad you’re back! I think this is definitely a recipe to make for when my friends come to visit.

20. Meghan April 5, 2011 @ 9:02 pm (#

For the love of God woman! This sounds delectable. I will be making this & adding 10lbs to my thighs this weekend!

21. BrandyK April 6, 2011 @ 6:48 am (#

Brilliant indeed! Welcome back! :)

22. Shelbi April 6, 2011 @ 6:54 am (#

YES! You ARE BRILLIANT! After the grilled pb&j I was in love… now… OH EM GEE! I’m making this! So glad your back too!!!

23. Rachel - A Southern Fairytale April 6, 2011 @ 7:58 am (#

you’re so cute! yay!

24. Cherie April 6, 2011 @ 9:12 am (#

Genius I tell you! I dont even like marshmallows and i want to try this.

25. These look awesome! So glad that nightmare of a host is done with!

26. Hannah April 6, 2011 @ 5:18 pm (#

I thought your last sandwich idea was brilliant and then I see this. Sweet mother of pie, this is beautiful.

27. Debbie April 6, 2011 @ 5:24 pm (#

OMG!!! Genius. Nuff said.

28. Aarthi April 7, 2011 @ 1:03 am (#

WoW This looks Awesom..Gonna try this Weekend..YUM YUM

29. Aarthi April 7, 2011 @ 1:04 am (#

WoW This looks Awesome..Gonna try this Weekend..YUM YUM

30. sheri April 7, 2011 @ 7:09 am (#

I was sooooo worried about where you went. But I kept checking and good to see you back!

31. Heather April 7, 2011 @ 7:19 am (#

I cannot wait to make these. They would be the perfect sandwich dessert.

32. Erin April 7, 2011 @ 8:48 am (#

Welcome back!! I was worried I didn’t have the chance to copy down all your delectable recipes :)

33. Crystal April 7, 2011 @ 9:07 am (#

I am thinking excellent camping food… who wouldn’t love this as a campfire breakfast… start the day with chocolate and marshmallows, end the day with chocolate and marshmallows… sounds like a perfect day to me!

34. natalie (the sweets life) April 7, 2011 @ 2:40 pm (#

DEFINITELY brilliant!! love love love this!

35. Jessica H April 7, 2011 @ 8:18 pm (#

Great minds think alike! I made a sandwich identical to this last summer(see tasty kitchen), when I was eating smores daily, except without the Nutella, great Idea!

36. grace April 8, 2011 @ 2:43 pm (#

devilish! or should i say bieber-ish…

37. bridget {bake at 350} May 11, 2011 @ 2:08 pm (#

I think I’m in love.

38. Perfect Party Ideas May 11, 2011 @ 2:15 pm (#

Yum Yum! Definitely going to try these! Thanks for sharing!

39. Carrie May 11, 2011 @ 2:46 pm (#

Oh yeah…

40. sara May 11, 2011 @ 8:59 pm (#

YUM, this sounds really delicious! So decadent – wow! :)

41. These look amazing! I have a recipe for s’mores pancakes that I have posted before, but this is a whole other level!! Anything with nutella is always a hit!

42. Mrsblocko June 4, 2011 @ 3:02 pm (#

These
    are evil. Deliciously evil. Thank you for sharing!

43. Lori @ RecipeGirl July 15, 2011 @ 7:53 am (#

Whoa. This is… decadent. And by that I mean yummy.

44. Maria July 15, 2011 @ 7:56 am (#

WOW! That is a decadent breakfast!

45. Rachel August 16, 2011 @ 7:24 pm (#

Hey Buns in my Oven!
    This recipe looks crazy delicious- so much, in fact, that I put it on my own blog!

Check it out here at http://collegiatecreative.wordpress.com/2011/08/16/five-foodie-faves-august/

46. Dana October 18, 2011 @ 5:32 pm (#

Are you KIDDING me??? *drool*

47. Jenn November 11, 2011 @ 9:24 am (#

I just want to say thank you for this recipe, after seeing it on your website, I knew in my heart that I HAD to make it, so I did.. 2 or 3 times, a week, for about a month….. I’ve never bought so much bread in my life, and all for this one recipe.. Not only is it delicious, but my boyfriend decided to love me more because of this, and than he proposed, because of you, and this recipe… Okay that might be a stretch, but seriously, we both love this. Not only that but we like to switch it up a bit (well I do, he doesn’t know how to butter toast, literally). So sometimes I’ll make it with nutella, peanut butter and oreo cookie crumbs on the outside, or peanut butter and banana with cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top… So thank you, I could literally kiss you on the mouth for this recipe… but I won’t, no worries. =]
    -Jenn Musarra

48. Kaylie @ Skinny Muffin December 23, 2011 @ 4:06 pm (#

Yum! Can’t wait to try these. I’ve been on the pancake train but I’m thinking about switching to the french toast train.

49. Lovetta Westerlund January 31, 2012 @ 6:21 pm (#

I like what you guys are up too. Such clever work and reporting! Carry on the superb works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my site :). “The bigger the information media, the less courage and freedom they allow. Bigness means weakness.” by Eric Sevareid.

50. A table les garçons !!! October 6, 2012 @ 8:37 am (#

Hello, i discover with pleasure your blog and i like very much. I’ll try today this s’mores french toast, it’s for me :))) Thank you and see you soon !!!

1. Pingback: S’mores French Toast « Brunch at Queens

2. Pingback: S’Mores French Toast | bella nutella

3. Pingback: Featured Nutella-Holic: Buns In My Oven | bella nutella

4. Pingback: Can’t Look Away «

5. Pingback: S’more French Toast « An Antiquarian's Personage

6. Pingback: S’mores Cookies — Buns In My Oven

7. Pingback: s’mores french toast | TheYouFinder: A Style and Inspiration Blog from Washington DC

8. Pingback: Receta de Tostadas francesas de chocolate.

9. Pingback: Food Links of the Day: 3 Unique Takes on S’mores | The Hectic Gourmet

10. Pingback: Happy S’more Day «

11. Pingback: Must Share Nutella Recipes | The Average Girl's Guide

12. Pingback: “S’more”gasbord | Mojuba Wedding

13. Pingback: S’mores Bars « christina's kitchen..

14. Pingback: Lehigh Valley Cafe Lehigh Valley Momma