S’mores French Toast
It’s back! The blog is back! Hallelujah, praise Bieber.
Thanks for sticking with me through all of the “account suspended” business. I was finally able to get things transferred to a new host that does not hate me and want me dead, so that’s nice!
To celebrate I made brinner. You know…breakfast for dinner. Brinner.
My husband works third shift and usually wakes up just as I’m starting dinner. He loves when I make breakfast for dinner since it actually is his breakfast. I was so sure he was going to be pleased when he saw this.
Instead, he walked in the kitchen, looked around, and asked where dinner was.
Um, hello? Don’t you see the marshmallows and Nutella? What about the WHOLE GRAIN BREAD and EGG?
Normally, I’d probably call this dessert, but it’s been a rough few days and the idea for a s’mores stuffed french toast popped in my head and wouldn’t get out. So, I went with it. I’m glad I did, even if it did cause my husband to put his cheek against my forehead to check for a fever.
I’m not sick. I’m just brilliant.
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- handful of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Beat the egg and milk together in a pie plate or shallow dish. Pour the graham cracker crumbs in a second pie plate or shallow dish.
- Spread Nutella on both slices of bread. Top one slice with mini marshmallows and then put the other slice of bread on top, Nutella side down. Squish it together a bit.
- Place the sandwich in the egg mixture and turn to coat. Remove from the egg mixture and place in the graham cracker crumbs, turning the sandwich to coat each side with crumbs.
- Place the sandwich on the skillet and cook until lightly browned and the marshmallows are melted. Let sit for a few minutes before cutting in half. Enjoy!