No. No, you can not.
I mean, sandwiches are lunch food. S’mores are dessert food.
So, basically, I just turned s’mores into lunch food. I’ll wait while you all applaud.
Oh, did I mention that I used Nutella for the chocolate portion of these sandwiches? Aaaaaand, there’s more applause.
So, anyway, did you guys know that National Pound Cake Day is a thing? Mm hmm. I thought you guys would already know that. You’re my kind of people. It’s March 4, in case you forgot.
The nice people at Sara Lee are kinda big fans of Pound Cake Day, so they emailed me and asked if I would want to create a recipe to share (which I did! S’mores sandwiches! Rock on!) and possibly hold a giveaway for you gorgeous people as a way to celebrate.
Grilled Pound Cake S'mores Sandwiches
- 4 thin slices Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake
- 2 tablespoons Nutella or 4 small chocolate pieces
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium low heat. Melt the butter in the pan.
- Spread Nutella on 2 slices of poundcake.
- Spread marshmallow fluff on the remaining 2 slices of poundcake.
- Top the pieces spread with Nutella with the pieces spread with marshmallow to make a sandwich.
- Place both sandwiches in the hot pan with the melted butter. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until the pound cake is golden brown on bottom.
- Flip and cook another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
This post was sponsored by Sara Lee. As always, all opinions are my own.