Chocolate Peanut Butter Reese’s Sandwich Cookies
Who else has been singing Christmas songs at the top of their lungs and annoying everyone in a 5 mile radius for the past month?
Oh? Just me? Huh.
Well, I am ready, you guys. Ready for Christmas. Ready for presents. Ready for fudge. Ready for the Christmas ham. Ready for the creepy Elf on the Shelf to come and do creepy things while we’re sleeping.
But, most of all? I’m ready for cookies.
I’ve teamed up with some amazing bloggers to bring you a fun Reese’s and Kisses themed blog party! We all got together (virtually, of course) to create delicious Reese’s treats for the holidays! I went straight for the cookies, obviously.
Be sure to click around to check out all of their amazing recipes!
These are my absolute favorite chocolate cookie base studded with Reese’s chips. The cookies are soft and perfectly chocolate. The bites of Reese’s chips add just the right amount of salty peanut butter flavor. But then? I went and sandwiched an entire Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup between two of the chocolate cookies to make the most crazy town cookie yet.
I thought I was being very original here, but apparently my buddy Shelly beat me to it. She always has the good ideas before me. I would hate her if I didn’t love her.
Anyway, if two cookies plus a Reese’s cup is too much for your delicate sensibilities (you sissy la la!), go ahead and just chop the Reese’s cups into small pieces and mix them into the batter with the chips. Seriously. So good!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Reese's Sandwich Cookies
These are my absolute favorite chocolate cookie base studded with Reese's chips. The cookies are soft and perfectly chocolate. The bites of Reese's chips add just the right amount of salty peanut butter flavor.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder or instant coffee optional
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter chips
- 8 Reese’s peanut butter cups full size
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat to combine. Stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to drop balls of dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Gently flatten the balls with your hands or the bottom of a glass. The dough doesn't spread much, so flatten them to about the size of a Reese's.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Cool for another 5 minutes. Flip half of the cookies over and top with a Reese's peanut butter cup.
- Place the remaining cookies on top. The warmth from the cookies should just slightly melt the peanut butter cup to make them stick together.
- Allow to cool completely.
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on bunsinmyoven.com should only be used as a general guideline.