Peanut Butter & Banana Pound Cake with Nutella Glaze
This banana pound cake was originally written and published in April, 2011. It’s been updated with a new video and new photographs on 10/27/16.
You know my husband? The guy who hates cake?
He likes this banana pound cake.
He likes it a lot.
He ate it for breakfast three days in a row. I think it had something to do with the peanut butter, Nutella, and bananas.
Quick question: why can my husband eat pound cake for breakfast and not gain a single pound, but I eat cake for breakfast and need to buy new pants? It’s not fair.
One other question: A few months ago I baked with Nutellla for the first time and since then I can’t seem to stop using it in my baked goods. What happened and how do I make it stop?
Do I even want to make it stop?
As you can see, I’m feeling very contemplative this morning. What’s on your mind today? What are you thinking about and questioning? And wouldn’t you rather be thinking about it with a big slice of this cake in front of you?
Banana Pound Cake with Peanut Butter and Nutella
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter, divided
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Nutella, divided
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a large bundt pan.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the butter and 3/4 cup of the peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the sugar, mixing until light and airy, around 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Mix in the mashed banana on low.
- Add the flour and salt to the mixer, all at once, and mix just until incorporated.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Drop heaping spoonfuls of Nutella over the top of the batter, about 1/2 a cup.
- Using a butter knife, swirl the Nutella all throughout the cake to get a marbled look.
- Pour remaining batter over top of Nutella.
- Bake the cake for 60 - 75 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a tester comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Heat remaining Nutella and peanut butter in the microwave in 10 second intervals to soften it up enough to drizzle. Drizzle on top of cake.
Affiliate Links: This blog contains affiliate links.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 965kcal Calories from fat 470|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 52g||80%|
|Saturated Fat 29g||145%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|