Strawberry Yogurt Pie
This post is sponsored by General Mills Cereals. Thank you for supporting the brands that help support this blog!
It’s a little sad to think about, but before long summer break will be coming to an end. I can’t cry about it too much, though. After all, there are fresh crayons and an obscene amount of glue sticks on the horizon. I’m not the only one who loves shopping the back to school sales for way more crayons than one family could ever use, right?
The kids are, of course, not thrilled with the idea of leaving behind the lazy days by the pool and the late nights in front of a movie, but I’m all about making the transition a little easier and more fun for them!
That’s why I teamed up with General Mills Cereals to create an after school treat the kids will get excited about. That after school treat is a pie, guys. If you’re not excited about pie, we probably shouldn’t be friends.
Of course, after a long day back at school, they’re hungry when they get off the bus. I wanted to fill their little bellies full of good things, so I kept the sugar down and added in plenty of Greek yogurt, a bit of cream cheese, and did I mention I made the crust out of Honey Nut Cheerios? It’s like a big ol’ parfait in pie form. I topped it off with fresh, ripe strawberries and a sprinkling of extra cereal. Your kids are going to be so excited to come home to this treat!
Did you know that Big G cereals have more whole grain than any other ingredient? Plus, more than 90% of the cereals have real ingredients like fruit and vegetable juice concentrates and natural flavors like peanut butter and vanilla. Cereal is the number one source of key vitamins and minerals at breakfast, which helps make this after school snack a great choice!
Anyway, to make this pie, you’re going to want to grind up some Honey Nut Cheerios and mix them with a bit of butter for the crust.
Next you’ll combine Greek yogurt with cream cheese and just a bit of powdered sugar to add some sweetness. You can leave out the powdered sugar if you prefer, but between the cream cheese and the yogurt, things might get a little tangy for the kiddos.
Add the filling to the baked pie crust and pop it all in the freezer. You’ll want to let this freeze for at least 4 hours.
Right before serving, top this with some sliced strawberries and a sprinkle of Honey Nut Cheerios. What a gorgeous presentation, right?
This is all super easy to whip up, but I went ahead and made you a video of the whole process. Check it out and let me know what you think!
And I hope you all have a stress-free back to school season!
Strawberry Yogurt Pie
For the crust:
- 3 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 6 tablespoons butter
For the filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 cups strawberry flavored Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
- To prepare the crust, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cereal in a blender or food processor and process to fine crumbs. Add crumbs to a bowl.
- Melt the butter and pour over the crumbs. Stir to combine.
- Press crumbs into bottom and up edges of a 9 inch pie plate and bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the yogurt and powdered sugar.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared crust and smooth the top. Place in freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- Once frozen, top with sliced strawberries and a sprinkle of Honey Nut Cheerios.
- Slice and serve!