Cadbury Creme Egg Stuffed Cookies

cadbury creme egg stuffed cookies recipe

It’s coming. The onslaught of candy.

Are you frightened?

Not me. I love this time of year when my kids bring in bucketfuls of candy from the Easter Bunny and each set of grandparents. I pilfer their stash and eat all of the good stuff while they’re sleeping. Or I pack it away to bake with.

cadbury creme egg stuffed cookies recipe

This year I’ve done a bit of preemptive baking. Cadbury Creme Eggs are my husband’s favorite. I’ve always been a little bit freaked out by them. The yolky center was just too much for my delicate sensibilites. I’m proud to say that I finally tasted my first Cadbury Creme Egg this week. It was good stuff.

Then I grabbed a tub of refrigerated cookie dough (sorry, guys, it’s been a busy week!) and stuffed the eggs inside chunks of dough.

cadbury creme egg stuffed cookies recipe

This was the easiest treat I’ve made in a long time and my husband just told me he wants a divorce so that he can marry me all over again. Pretty sure that makes these cookies a win.

cadbury creme egg stuffed cookies recipe

PrintPrintSaveSave

Cadbury Creme Egg Stuffed Cookies

These cookies are a fun treat for Spring and only take minutes to make if you use premade cookie dough!

Ingredients:

1 recipe chocolate chip cookie dough or a tub of refrigerated dough
Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs

Directions:

Preheat oven according to the cookie dough directions. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
Take two tablespoonfuls of dough and smash it flat in your hand to form a disc. Place an unwrapped mini egg in the center of the dough and fold the dough up around the egg to completely enclose it. If you leave any gaps, the egg will ooze out. If it's completely covered by dough, you won't have a problem.
Repeat for as many cookies as you'd like to make.
Bake according to cookie dough directions.

Spring Hop Button

Stop back by this Friday for a Spring Blog Hop! You can link up your Spring themed recipe or project on the blogs below:

Eat at Home

Hoosier Homemade

Mom Advice

Nest of Posies

Positively Splendid

The Pennington Point

Whipperberry

37 Responses to “Cadbury Creme Egg Stuffed Cookies”

1. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie March 19, 2013 @ 6:28 am (#

My husband loves Cadbury Creme Eggs too- this is such a simple recipe, I’ll have to give it a try!

2. Anne @The Cooking Campaign March 19, 2013 @ 6:33 am (#

I really want to eat these for breakfast right now!

3. Liz@HoosierHomemade March 19, 2013 @ 7:21 am (#

Can I have some for breakfast? Those look amazing, Karly!
    Thanks for joining us for the Spring Hop Party!
    ~Liz

4. shelly (cookies and cups) March 19, 2013 @ 7:32 am (#

I am obsessed with Cadbury Creme eggs. Every year when they first start showing up in stores (which lately has been like December) I would go buy a 4 pack and eat them until I was sick. Every year. I remember in high school my friends making fun of me for it, but lest, the tradition continues.

And stuffing them in a chocolate chip cookie? Yeah, I love you for that.

5. Aimee @ ShugarySweets March 19, 2013 @ 7:40 am (#

YUm. these look delish Karly. I love those BIG cadbury eggs, but after one I am full. Cookies I can totally get behind!

6. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) March 19, 2013 @ 7:44 am (#

I love candy! :D

I also love stuffing things inside cookies. Double win.

7. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life March 19, 2013 @ 7:50 am (#

I love that you steal your kids candy too :-) I’m thinking I need to steal a whole bunch more so I can stuff cookies with the candy instead of just stuffing my face!!! Awesome looking cookies!!! And you just had your first cadbury egg? Those are some of my fav Easter candies, but the kids know if I try to steal that one!

8. Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough March 19, 2013 @ 8:06 am (#

Oh my wooooooord, the deliciousness going on here! I can’t barely DEAL. Yum!

9. Meghan @ The Tasty Fork March 19, 2013 @ 8:23 am (#

These look great! I have to agree with you about not really getting the whole cadbury creme egg craze…but these cookies are a good enough reason to change my mind. :)

10. Lisa~ March 19, 2013 @ 9:15 am (#

These are so clever! My family will love it….thanks for coming up with a recipe that I can enjoy. Love it! Lisa~

11. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar March 19, 2013 @ 10:02 am (#

These look so freaking chewy!!

12. Annie @ Annie's Noms March 19, 2013 @ 10:46 am (#

Woo I’m ready for all the candy! I’ve been wanting to make creme egg cookies, but haven’t got round to it yet, these look delicious though so definitely going to have to make them now!

13. Debra March 19, 2013 @ 11:13 am (#

I used to steal my kids’ Easter, Halloween, Valentines, and even Christmas candy. Those were the days when they didn’t hoard it and they were too young to notice. Ahhhh… Great times … But now I can’t even find the stuff and have to be extra nice or make their favorite meal before they’ll give me any of their chocolate… But if I could steal their candy I’d make these cookies. They’d be better than chocolate chunk…

14. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes March 19, 2013 @ 12:09 pm (#

I love candy-stuffed cookies!!

15. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction March 19, 2013 @ 12:37 pm (#

So fun! A perfect quick and easy Easter treat!

16. Amy @ Positively Splendid March 19, 2013 @ 1:00 pm (#

These sound absolutely divine!!

17. Joanne March 19, 2013 @ 2:03 pm (#

I love cadbury cremes but rarely let myself buy them for fear of how many I’ll eat in one sitting! Now I have to fear how many of these cookies I’ll eat. Probs…all.

18. Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies March 19, 2013 @ 2:15 pm (#

I finally made Cadbury stuffed cupcakes for the first time last year and now I’m going to have to make cookies too. Cadbury eggs are like crack to me, you see.

19. Kim @ Soliloquy Of Food & Such March 19, 2013 @ 2:20 pm (#

~~~~~~~~~~
    I just FAINTED!

20. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust March 19, 2013 @ 4:20 pm (#

YES PLEASE. Anything stuffed inside a cookie is good with me. I steal Jordan’s candy too. Then I tell her she must have ate it and forgot. ;)

21. Jen @JuanitasCocina March 19, 2013 @ 4:44 pm (#

Totally understanding the divorcing/remarrying thing since cream eggs are involved. YUMMM!

22. Erin @ Table for 7 March 19, 2013 @ 4:47 pm (#

Oh man..these look like heaven! I will be stealing my kids Cadbury eggs to make these!

23. Sister Spice March 19, 2013 @ 5:29 pm (#

I feel like these are sinful, which doesn’t mesh well with Easter, but I think I’m ok with that :) They look amazing!

24. Amy Allen Clark March 19, 2013 @ 6:20 pm (#

I am DROOLING over this one- how delicious are these?!? Yum!

25. nicole @ I am a Honey Bee March 19, 2013 @ 6:28 pm (#

wow. I love anything with Cadbury eggs in them. These sound like a must make. yum!

26. Christina @ Sweet Pea's Kitchen March 19, 2013 @ 7:42 pm (#

Yes, yes, YES! I love Cadbury eggs…I can only imagine how incredible these cookies are! :)

27. Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry March 20, 2013 @ 12:34 am (#

There is nothing wrong with using store bought cookie dough when you gussy them up like this!

28. Lovefoodies March 20, 2013 @ 1:24 am (#

Gosh! I thought it was only in England they were crazy about Cadbury’s Creme Eggs! These cookies certainly look delicious :) They have a TV ad in the UK at Easter time, and it’s called, ‘how do you eat your creme egg’ …think you’ll have to submit your recipe to cadburys! I see they also have a creme egg brownie recipe on their site….mmmmmmmm Yum :)
    Mary from Lovefoodies

29. Winnie March 20, 2013 @ 6:24 am (#

Mouth-watering cookies !!
    I wish I could grab some now

30. Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking March 21, 2013 @ 4:53 pm (#

The mini cadburry eggs are one of my favorite Easter candy and hiding them inside chocolate chip cookies sounds so good!

31. Megan {Country Cleaver} March 21, 2013 @ 10:31 pm (#

Oh wait, nuh uhh!! These just absolutely need to happen in my life!

32. Michelle March 22, 2013 @ 9:27 am (#

OH WOW! You combined 2 of my favorite things!, I’m in love! :) Michelle

33. Karen March 22, 2013 @ 11:32 pm (#

Oh my- these look amazing! I have been buying Cadbury eggs every time I go to the store and I can’t stop eating them (nor do I want to). They are amazing, so these cookies must be too!

34. Samantha March 25, 2013 @ 9:44 pm (#

Made these tonight- thank you for sharing! YUM!

35. Sarah March 26, 2013 @ 8:49 pm (#

Perhaps you should call this a ‘serving suggestion’ rather than a recipe?
    We all get busy, and there’s nothing wrong with shortcuts, but ‘cook according to packet instructions’ isn’t a recipe.
    I’m glad your husband liked them though, and they’ve made your family happy. I suppose that’s what counts!

Karly Reply:

Technically, a recipe is a set of instructions and ingredients for preparing a food. I’m pretty sure this qualifies, but call it what you want. You’re welcome to use your favorite cookie dough recipe for this, as stated in the instructions.

36. Joe Wright March 27, 2013 @ 12:05 pm (#

Oh man, these look soooooo good!!! I think Easter candy/treats are my favorite!