Buffalo Chicken Waffle Fries

These Buffalo Chicken topped waffle fries are loaded with spicy chicken, ranch dressing, and gobs of cheese for a delicious twist on Irish Nachos.

buffalo chicken waffle fries recipe

You guys, I’ve been in a funk. A french fry funk.

It’s kind of an awesome place to be really. All I want are fries. And more fries. And also? Could I have an order of fries, please?

Buffalo Chicken Waffle Fries #recipe by bunsinmyoven.com | Forget ketchup! These fries are topped with spicy buffalo chicken and ranch!

I’m a little addicted to Alexia’s baked fries (this isn’t sponsored…I just love their product!) and we’ve been eating them probably a bit too often. I love that you can just pop them in a hot oven and they turn out just as good as a fried french fry. A little different than fried, obviously, but just as good.

Anyway, I have a bag of waffle fries that is bigger than my 8 year old child, so I’ve been putting it to good use. Waffle fries for every meal of the day, kids! Dig in!

I got a leeeeeetle bit tired of dipping them in ketchup, so I went ahead and topped them with all the good things in life. Roasted chicken drowned in a buttery, spicy wing sauce, handfuls of freshly grated cheddar and mozzarella, a generous drizzle of cool ranch dressing, and a sprinkling of chives, just for fun.

Ugh. These fries. They should be illegal.

PrintPrintSaveSave

Buffalo Chicken Waffle Fries

Ingredients:

Waffle Fries, enough for a single layer on a sheet pan
1 cup roasted chicken (rotisserie works great, so does this freezer shredded chicken)
1/2 cup Frank's hot sauce (more to taste)
2 tablespoons butter
1 handful grated cheddar cheese
1 handful grated mozzarella cheese
ranch dressing, for drizzling
chives, for sprinkling

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees (or according to the package of your waffle fries).
Spread fries in a single layer on a sheet pan. Bake about 20 minutes, or as directed on the package.
While fries are baking, add the hot sauce and butter to a medium skillet and cook over low heat until the butter has melted. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Taste and add more hot sauce if desired.
When fries are finished baking, remove the pan from the oven and drop spoonfuls of the chicken over the fries. Top with both cheeses. Return to the oven for five minutes.
Remove from the oven and drizzle with ranch dressing and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.

47 Responses to “Buffalo Chicken Waffle Fries”

1. Belinda @themoonblushbaker July 15, 2013 @ 7:41 am (#

I have never seen fries like that before! I must get some and top them chicken!
    how good would these be if you topped with real fried chicken?. OMG *dead*

Karly Reply:

You’ve never had waffle fries??? Oh my. They are my FAVORITE! :)

2. Tieghan July 15, 2013 @ 7:55 am (#

All I have to say is YES!! This is so my kind of food!

3. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen July 15, 2013 @ 8:06 am (#

Is this real life? I want to jump into my computer right now!!

4. Aimee @ ShugarySweets July 15, 2013 @ 8:14 am (#

WHAT? Dinner on a french fry? You are a genius!!!

5. katie July 15, 2013 @ 8:47 am (#

I would say this is a “good funk” to be in… all about these fries! Love this recipe and cant’ wait to try!

6. Kathy July 15, 2013 @ 9:36 am (#

These look delicious! What a great way to make a meal out of fries!

7. Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchen July 15, 2013 @ 12:00 pm (#

One of my roommates at Disney and I wanted to have a fries smorgasboard at one point while we were there. We never got to do it, but these would have been perfect for that!

8. Kate | Food Babbles July 15, 2013 @ 12:10 pm (#

Holy cow! I’ve died and gone to heaven. These fries look CRAZY good!!

9. Shauna {The Best Blog Recipes} July 15, 2013 @ 12:23 pm (#

I totally want a plate of these right now Karly!!!

10. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie July 15, 2013 @ 12:54 pm (#

Oh, I need these in my belleh stat!

11. marcie@flavorthemoments July 15, 2013 @ 1:54 pm (#

Holy smokes, these look awesome! I’m not even a buffalo chicken girl, or maybe I am and I just don’t know it? I need to revisit it, because these are making my mouth water just looking at them! Brrr-illiant.

Karly Reply:

Not a buffalo fan?? Girl, you’re crazy. ;) Revisit and revise!

12. cassie July 15, 2013 @ 2:07 pm (#

I have such a weakness for good fries. These are making me weak in the knees!

13. sally @ sallys baking addiction July 15, 2013 @ 2:39 pm (#

A french fry funk sounds like a pretty good darn place to be. ;) I totally want a huge plate of them, Karly. Why can’t I reach through the screen and grab them!!!?? :(

14. Cookbook Queen July 15, 2013 @ 3:14 pm (#

It’s like you have a private window into my soul. French fry sisters FO LIFE!!!!

15. Rachel July 15, 2013 @ 3:41 pm (#

Oh my, these look sooooo good. I will be making these for our next family game night!

Karly Reply:

Invite me? :)

16. Nessa July 15, 2013 @ 4:30 pm (#

Love all of the flavor in these!

17. OOooh!!! I adore french fries also!!! These look super good!

18. Lisa @ Wine & Glue July 15, 2013 @ 4:36 pm (#

OMG. I’m in love!!! Seriously. I mean . . . I know I should be playing with my kids, but now the new plan is running to the grocery store to get all the ingredients to make THIS! Pinning! Sharing! Drooling!

Karly Reply:

Meh. Kids don’t need interaction. They need FRENCH FRIES! :)

19. carrian July 15, 2013 @ 5:31 pm (#

I just cannot resist fries, but these are going to be even worse!!!!!

20. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet July 15, 2013 @ 6:53 pm (#

Oh. My. These are amazing!!!

21. Allie | Baking a Moment July 15, 2013 @ 7:13 pm (#

O. M. G. I am dying over here! That is my idea of heaven on a plate!

22. Joanne @ Fifteen Spatulas July 15, 2013 @ 7:55 pm (#

This is the stuff of my DREAMS!!!

23. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust July 15, 2013 @ 8:20 pm (#

Holy cow Karly!! Amazeballs.

24. Angie | Big Bear's Wife July 16, 2013 @ 9:22 am (#

That first photo, oh my word that first photo! I am in love!

25. Megan {Country Cleaver} July 16, 2013 @ 9:52 am (#

I just, I just…can’t stop drooling. I need a beer and a platter of these. And if anyone gets in my way or trying to steal them, they’ll be pulling back a stump where their mitts used to be. Too much? Nope, I just want these that bad.

26. Tahnycooks July 16, 2013 @ 12:04 pm (#

I’m all over these delicious bites!

27. Kevin @ Closet Cooking July 16, 2013 @ 1:37 pm (#

I in for anything buffalo chicken!

28. Aggie July 16, 2013 @ 3:13 pm (#

Um, yea, so I kinda want these for dinner tonight!! Wowzers. Those look incredible.

29. Emily @ Life on Food July 16, 2013 @ 5:29 pm (#

Perfect snack during the early morning hours after a late night out.

30. Joanne July 16, 2013 @ 8:49 pm (#

I feel like when you add things like protein and cheese to fries they totally become a legit meal in and of themselves! WIN.

31. Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik July 17, 2013 @ 7:37 am (#

Ok, for real! I can’t even show these to my BF because I know what we’d be living off of for the next however-many-days!

32. Chelsea@Chelsea Is Dishing Up July 17, 2013 @ 8:58 am (#

oh baby!

33. Angie July 17, 2013 @ 3:23 pm (#

Yes, I’ll be making these! I’m drooling at the thought!

34. Deborah July 18, 2013 @ 7:33 am (#

Are you serious here? I think I’ve died and gone to heaven!!

35. Tracy | Pale Yellow July 18, 2013 @ 4:24 pm (#

These fries look like a hug through the computer – so warm and gooey and delicious. If I hadn’t just spent a week on vacation eating cheese fries at 1 am every night I’d be all over these now! Give me a week, I’ll be back in the eating game and these are first on my list!

36. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. July 18, 2013 @ 9:26 pm (#

My buffalo chicken-loving husband is going to go nuts over these!

37. Jaclyn July 19, 2013 @ 11:11 am (#

These look soooo good! Delicious combo fries and buffalo chicken, what a great recipe!

38. Julie July 21, 2013 @ 8:01 am (#

Wow!! These look amazing. My kids will love these! A meal with fries…wonderful:).

39. Wendy July 22, 2013 @ 11:10 am (#

You have just invented my son’s (the Siracha King) new favorite dinner! I am making a slightly less spicy version for the non-fire eaters in the family. :) Thanks, Karly!

Karly Reply:

Enjoy!

40. Shawn @ IWYD October 18, 2013 @ 9:42 am (#

Have you seen the fries from Carl’s Jr? They have Buffalo Blue Cheese Waffle Fries (which I just had last time I was in the states), and they are AMAZING!! I have no doubt that these ones here would be awesome!! YUM!

Karly Reply:

I bet those are amazing!!

41. Heather @ French Press March 10, 2014 @ 6:37 pm (#

buffalo sauce and fries, I am in heaven