Slow Cooker Ground Beef
- 7 pounds ground beef (I like 90/10, but any will work)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Add the ground beef, salt, and pepper to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Set heat to low, cover, and cook for 1 hour. Use a potato masher to break up the meat.
- Repeat breaking up the meat with the potato masher ever 2 hours until the meat is cooked through. This should take about 6 hours for 7 pounds of meat in a 6 quart slow cooker, but adjust time as needed and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain fat, if desired, before using or freezing.
- Portion meat out into freezer bags and freeze until ready to use.