Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
If you haven't tried Spaghetti Alla Carbonara before, what are you waiting for?!
Servings 8 servings
- 4 slices bacon sliced into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3-4 sprigs flat-leaf Italian parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Pecorino Romano
- 4 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg yolks
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
While pasta is cooking, fry the bacon until just slightly crispy.
In a large serving bowl, combine the parsley, cheeses, and egg yolks. Stir to combine.
Remove the pasta and drain. Immediately dump the hot pasta into the bowl with the eggs.
Toss the pasta quickly to combine well and let the eggs cook from the heat of the pasta.
Pour the bacon and grease over the pasta and toss again.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 1914mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1.1mg