Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
These cream cheese chicken enchiladas are one of our favorite Mexican inspired meals!
Servings 8 servings
- 5 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce canned is just fine
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese divided
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels thawed (canned corn works just fine, but drain it first)
- 4 ounces diced green chiles I used the tiny can you get by the taco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 8 8- inch flour tortillas
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray.
In the bowl of your mixer cream together the cream cheese, sour cream, and 1/2 of the enchilada sauce. Stir in 1/2 cup of each type of cheese.
In a second bowl toss together the chicken, corn, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper, green chiles, and half of the scallions. Add the chicken mixture to the cheese mixture and combine well.
Spread about half of the remaining enchilada sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
Spoon the filling into each tortilla, roll the tortilla up, and place in the baking dish with the seam down. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the filled tortillas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining scallions and serve.
Calories: 691kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 1595mg | Potassium: 445mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 925IU | Vitamin C: 4.2mg | Calcium: 396mg | Iron: 5.6mg