So, it’s a pretty normal thing to eat donuts and drink coffee for breakfast, right?
I mean, people do that? On the regular?
Well, I’m not a huge fan of coffee, unless it has a gallon or two of sugary syrups added to it.
Iced Caramel Latte is my drink of choice. Iced Caramel Macchiatos are delicious, too. Pumpkin Spice Latte? Oh, yeah. Bring it on.
The White Chocolate Mocha, however, is not my thing. I don’t super love white chocolate, so I’d prefer a different coffee.
My husband loves them, though. So, I made him donuts. White Chocolate Mocha Donuts. These are a white chocolate donut covered in a coffee glaze and then drizzled with a bit more white chocolate. . I really enjoyed the coffee glaze. It wasn’t overly sweet and really helped balance the donut.
White Chocolate Mocha Donuts
For the donut:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk or regular milk with a teaspoon of white vinegar added
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white chocolate melted
For the glaze:
For the white chocolate drizzle:
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon milk
To make the donuts:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a donut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together the buttermilk, egg, and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Stir in the melted white chocolate.
- Fill the donut pan and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
To make the glaze:
- Add the boiling water and espresso powder to a small bowl and whisk until combined. Whisk in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt. The glaze will be thin.
- Dip the donuts in the glaze and set on a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes.
For the drizzle:
- Melt together the white chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl or in a double boiler.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the white chocolate over the donuts.
- Allow chocolate to harden before serving.
donut recipe adapted from Averie Cooks