So, let’s get real.
I have a family and they like to eat. A lot.
My daughter? Constant growth spurts. She’s like a walking garbage disposal. Sometimes she is just as noisy as one, too! Weird. She is constantly asking for snacks.
We go through yogurt, bananas, strawberries, cheese and crackers, and pickles like you would not believe.
My son? I’ll just mention that he’s a teenager. I mean, you guys. The kid can put away a fridge worth of food in an afternoon. It’s ridiculous. You know those huge Costco sized containers of peanut butter filled pretzels? He snacks on those while he does his school work and I’m not even kidding when I say he can eat a whole container in a day if I let him. He eats all the things. Be afraid. He will eat you too, if you come close enough.
My husband, bless his heart, doesn’t bother to eat lunch at work. He comes home every night, after working a 12 hour day, absolutely starving. “But, honey, why didn’t you eat lunch?” I’ll ask him. Do you even know what his response is? “I was too busy. Didn’t have time.”
You guys. I don’t care if my house is on fire. I will make time to eat lunch.
Anyway! As I was saying, I have this family that likes to eat food. They especially like to eat food that I have prepared and cooked for them with my own two hands. This is lovely and wonderful and very sweet that they prefer my home cooking to the drive through, but sometimes, my word. I just don’t have time to cook eighteen meals a day! Sometimes I don’t even have time to cook one meal, specifically dinner, from scratch.
I know y’all are with me on that. We all have busy, crazy, hectic lives and things just get worse at dinner time. Especially when school is back in session, am I right?
So, lucky us, Kraft has recently introduced a new product, called Recipe Makers. Each box of Recipe Makers includes two complimentary sauces and 3 recipe options that are perfect for the home cook who enjoys cooking and doesn’t want to just plop a frozen pizza or drive thru burger on the table every time they have a busy night.
I even made you a video all about Recipe Makers and how I use them! Check it out and then be nice to me in the comments. This is my first video and I’m skurred.
I’m super excited to bring one of our favorite foods (pizza, obviously!) to life with the Tex-Mex Chicken Fajita Recipe Makers. Y’all have probably figured out that I love me some Mexican food, so adding these flavors to pizza is a total win in my book!
I used the Zesty Lime Simmer Sauce as the sauce for my pizza and as a way to flavor a rotisserie chicken. Plop all that on some pizza crust with some sauteed onions and peppers and lots o’ cheese and you have an amazing pizza!
Once it’s baked you drizzle on some of the Chipotle and Tomato Salsa from your Recipe Makers box.
Of course, I topped mine with a bit of avocado and Mexican Crema, too. There is plenty of leftover salsa for dipping your pizza slices in, or save it for a late night snack and finish off that bag of tortilla chips you have hiding in your pantry!
The sauces in Recipe Makers are top notch. They taste like a sauce that you’ve slaved over for hours! I love that while you’re getting a little help from a box, you’re not relying on it for everything. You’re still cooking fresh, healthy food for your family with delicious flavors!
Tex-Mex Chicken Fajita Pizza
For the dough:
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 cups flour bread or all purpose works well here
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
For the toppings:
- 1 box Recipe Makers Tex-Mex Chicken Fajita
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken (a rotisserie chicken is perfect for this!)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Avocado, cilantro, sour cream for garnishing, as desired
To make the dough:
- To prepare the dough, place the warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer. Sprinkle the yeast on top and let bloom, about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour, salt, and olive oil to the yeast mixture and turn the mixer (fitted with the dough hook) to medium. Knead until the dough comes together to form a smooth dough. Remove dough to an oiled bowl and place in the oven with the light turned on.
- Let rise for one hour, or until doubled in bulk.
- When the dough has doubled, punch it down.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Roll the dough out on a well floured surface to a 12 inch circle and place on a pizza stone or pan.
To make the pizza:
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet. Add the onion and bell pepper and sautee over high heat about 3 minutes or until beginning to brown and soften slightly.
- Squirt about half of the Zesty Lime Simmer Sauce on the pizza crust. I go a little easy on the sauce, as I don't like my pizza to be oozing with sauce, but use more or less as you prefer. Spread the sauce around the sauce, leaving a one inch border at the edges.
- Sprinkle both cheeses on the pizza.
- Toss the shredded chicken with 2 tablespoons of the remaining simmer sauce to coat. Place the chicken on the pizza. Top with the veggies.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden.
- Drizzle on as much of the Chiptole and Tomato Salsa as desired.
- Top with slices of avocado, fresh cilantro, and a drizzle of sour cream or Mexican Crema before serving.
What would you use these sauces to whip up for your hungry family? Leave me a comment with your answer for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a) Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
b) Pin an image on Pinterest that either (i) is your favorite two-sauce dish or (ii) is from one of the Promotion’s participating blog posts, including exactly the following unique term in the Description field: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that pin in a comment on this post
c) Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
d) Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
e) For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older.
Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/9/13 – 10/27/13.