Crockpot Shredded Chicken
- 6 pounds fresh chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Add the chicken breasts and broth to the crockpot and cover.
- Set to low and cook 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken to the bowl of a stand mixer while still hot. Using the paddle attachment, turn the mixer to low and let the mixer shred the meat. (Do this in two batches to keep the chicken from flying out of your mixer, if needed.)
- Separate meat into small baggies (I get 7 baggies worth of meat out of 6 pounds of chicken and each bag has enough meat for one meal for my family of 4).
- Place the smaller baggies into a larger freezer bag and freeze until ready to use.
- Defrost in the refrigerator or microwave before using.
Tips & Notes:
The Conquering Lateness Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal US Residents, age 18 or older. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes ends 5pm (PST) on October 24, 2013. The Official Rules are available here. No purchase necessary.
Only two entries per participating blog per household; if the same or substantially similar comment (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) is posted twice, it may only count as one Entry. Eligible persons may enter this Promotion by taking any of the following actions, each of which counts as one entry:
1. Leave a comment in response to the Promotion prompt on this post.
2. Tweet (public message) about this Promotion, including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that Tweet in a comment on this post.
3. Blog about this Promotion (including a disclosure that you have received a sweepstakes entry in exchange for blogging about this Promotion), and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post.
4. To enter without commenting, follow this link, and provide your email address and your response to the Promotion prompt.
Be sure to visit the Citi brand page on BlogHer.com where you can learn more about conquering lateness!