I dunno about you, but I totally did not get enough S’mores this summer! I mean, seriously. Can you ever even get enough s’mores?
Actually, funny story. And by funny I mean horrible. Horrifiying. Terrifying. Sad. Tragic.
My dad…he’s never, not once in his life, eaten a s’mores.
You guys. I’m weepy just thinking about this.
Anyway, I think someone should make him these cookies. Not me, of course, because I’m powerless against them. As soon as they are filled, they are in my face. I’m covered in marshmallow goo and sweet Nutella. It’s not a pretty sight and I don’t even care.
Now, there are two ways to make these cookies. You can be like me and fill the whole batch at once. If you do this, be sure to store the cookies in a cool place, because that marshmallow cream is finicky. It likes to melt and ooze and cause death and destruction everywhere it goes.
Alternately, just keep the plain cookies in your cookie jar and and spread on the filling as the mood strikes.
Just like a real s’mores, these are an ooey gooey mess that will put a smile on everyone’s face. What a perfect way to celebrate the end of summer and coming of Fall!
Never miss out on a single recipe! Follow me below:
Peanut Butter S'mores Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/3 cup Marshmallow Cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin by creaming the butters and sugars for the cookies. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl mix together your flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet. Stir in the oats and mix until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls (or use a small cookie scoop) of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Make a criss cross with a fork to flatten the cookies. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
- Flip the cookies over so the bottoms are facing up. Spread 1 teaspoon of Nutella on half of the cookies and 1 teaspoon of marshmallow cream on the other half of the cookies. Sandwich the cookies together with the filling in the center.
- Marshmallow cream melts easily, so store these in a cool place or eat immediately.