What is it?
Like, what makes one cake good for snack time and another cake only good for dessert? I think we’re all unknowingly discriminating against cake.
I want it to stop. I want it to stop right now.
I hereby declare that all cake is snack cake. Also, all cake is dessert cake. Cake, from here on out, shall be served and eaten anytime the craving hits.
DOWN WITH THE VEGETABLES.
Oh, wait. I mean, I like cake. Yes. I like it a lot. Possibly more than broccoli. Don’t tell my mom.
This cake is just a doctored up cake mix. Easy as pie. Only not. Because it’s not pie, it’s cake.
Am I even making sense anymore? I think all of the chocolate and peanut butter has been going to my head this week.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snack Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- eggs as called for on the box
- melted butter to replace the oil as called for on the box
- milk to replace the water as called for on the box
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or as directed on the box mix).
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer and mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased 13x9 baking dish and bake as directed on the box.
- Cut into 16 squares and serve once cooled.