It’s totally cookie season, y’all. You should be like me and head to the nearest grocery store to stock up on butter. I currently have 10 pounds of butter in my refrigerator. You think I’m joking, but no. I am not.
Chocolate chips? I have an entire bin in my pantry devoted to nothing but chocolate chips. Dark chocolate, semi-sweet, milk chocolate, white chocolate, I have it all. I’ve even got peanut butter chips and toffee bits.
I take holiday baking very seriously. You should too.
Nutella cookies are always a hit!
This really isn’t a very holiday-ish recipe at all, but it’s a cookie so I’m going with it. Also, I just put my tree up today and am feeling very sparkly and shoppy. Baking is better on the wallet than shopping, though.
Not so much on the waist.
You win some, you lose some.
Hope you guys love this recipe as much as my family did! The swirls of Nutella pair so well with the peanut butter cookie. You can’t go wrong! 🙂
Nutella Swirled Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a large measuring cup or bowl. Slowly stir in to the peanut butter mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls of Nutella on top of the dough and swirl it through the dough with a butter knife.
- Chill the dough for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll into balls by hand.
- Place the balls of dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to lightly press the balls down and make a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake until the edges are very lightly browned, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
recipe from Delightful Bites