Maple Dijon Chicken – And a Thank You!
I love recipes where pretty much every ingredient called for is in the name. Mostly because recipe names are pretty short, which means that you’ll only need a few ingredients. Take this chicken…you need a bit of real maple syrup (for the love of Beiber, do not use the fake pancake syrup), a bit of dijon mustard, and some chicken. You’ll also need a bit of rice vinegar. You can sprinkle some thyme or rosemary on top too, but that’s only if you’re feeling fancy.
Before I share the recipe, I wanted to give you all a big group hug. I shared with you last week about my upcoming trip to Nicaragua and since then I’ve received so many sweet comments and emails from all of you. It’s been wonderful knowing that I’m not alone in this. To date, I’ve raised $265 towards my goal of $1800. It just blows me away that you guys not only come here and read my goofy words, try my crazy recipes, but also send me a couple of bucks to help me help others. Basically, what I’m saying is, I’d like to buy you all a pony. Covered in glitter. That poops rainbows.
Now, back to the chicken. I know these flavors sound kind of strange together, but it’s a bit like honey mustard. It works really well. I like this served with some brown rice and steamed broccoli for a healthy, but tasty dinner.
Maple Dijon Chicken
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken, breasts or thighs
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- sprinkling of fresh thyme or rosemary, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Butterfly the chicken or pound it to an even thickness, sprinkle them with salt and pepper, and place in a rimmed baking dish in an even layer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the syrup, dijon, and vinegar until well combined. Pour over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with the herbs, if using.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Baste with the sauce just before serving.
Affiliate Links: This blog contains affiliate links.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 2044kcal Calories from fat 1225|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 136g||209%|
|Saturated Fat 36g||180%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|