Whatever, you guys.
Put away the shocked faces, the indignant glares, and the righteous anger.
First of all, I made these Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rice Krispies Treats back in December, when it was still perfectly acceptable to eat chocolate 24 hours a day.
Second of all, this is, like, my job. I’m supposed to make you question your New Year’s Resolutions.
And, third, I put chocolate covered pretzels in rice krispie treats. I really don’t care if you’re on a diet. These are worth the extra calories and/or exercise!
I’ll do my best to come back with some healthier dinner options in the coming weeks, but you’re just going to have to deal with the chocolate sugar carb fest that is my usual existence right alongside the healthy stuff. It’s who I am, it’s what I do, it’s what makes me smile.
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 6 ounces chocolate covered pretzels chopped into small pieces
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips optional
- In a large pot over low heat, melt the butter. Stir in the marshmallows, stirring constantly, until fully melted.
- Remove from the heat and continue stirring for one minute, to cool the mixture a bit. Add in the cereal and pretzels and stir to coat.
- Press into a greased or lined 9x13 baking dish.
- Immediately top with the chocolate chips and place in a 250 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the chocolate chips over the top to coat.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.