I just went through my photos of recipes that I have to share with you guys, and I hope y’all like chocolate and peanut butter.
My brother? He does not like peanut butter. He does not like Reese’s. REESE’S. Who does not like Reese’s? And how am I related to that person?
This is his birthweek, so I thought it would be fun to have CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER WEEK in his honor. Because I’m his sister and it’s my job to annoy him. Also, he doesn’t read my blog, so it doesn’t really matter if I celebrate his birthweek with something he dislikes.
Y’all ready for this? Chocolate Peanut Butter Week. It’s happening. (We’re getting started a bit late, because my site was being all crabby today and wouldn’t let me upload photos!)
Up first we have easy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites. They’re no bake, because it’s hot out and I thought I’d give you a break from the oven.
(I apologize for the hideous photos. I must have taken these with my eyes closed, but I wanted to share the recipe anyway because it’s a keeper.)
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bites
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon gelatin
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Mix cookie crumbs with butter and press into an 8x8-inch dish.
- Combine gelatin with 1 tablespoon of water and let sit 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, condensed milk and peanut butter.
- Microwave gelatin 20 to 30 seconds to melt and beat into the cream cheese mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the dish and freeze for 20 minutes. Cut into bite-size squares.