This chocolate banana bread recipe is topped with a simple banana glaze! Big thanks to Sir Bananas for sponsoring this post.
Nothing makes me feel older than a trip through the grocery store.
I mean, back in my day we didn’t have grape flavored apples or cotton candy flavored grapes or milk made with bananas. What is this life and why did I have to grow up eating regular flavored foods and drinking boring flavored milk?
Not cool, world.
Anyway, I’m an adult now. I’m probably not supposed to be nearly as fascinated with these food mash-ups as I am, but I don’t even care. Did you hear what I said about banana flavored milk? Yeah. It’s a real life thing, my friends.
Sir Bananas is made from real bananas and real milk and has 7 grams of protein per serving. It even comes in a chocolate variety, which hello, yes. I’ll go ahead and take a few of those, please.
Did I mention that there is no high fructose corn syrup in there? I’m pretty in love with that.
Your little ones will love slurping their banana milk, but I went ahead and upped the game with a fun recipe featuring Sir Bananas too!
I can’t think bananas without making a loaf of banana bread, so I went all out with this rich and fudgy chocolate banana bread. It’s my favorite chocolate banana bread recipe and I think you’ll love it too. Seriously rich and fudgy!
I topped it all of with a super simple banana glaze! The glaze is just a bit of Sir Bananas Real Bananas Milk mixed with some powdered sugar. I added a drop of yellow food coloring, because I wanted the glaze to scream “hey, I’m banana flavored,” but that step is totes optional. You do you.
Banana Glazed Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup Sir Bananas Real Bananas Milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- yellow food coloring optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x3 loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Add the butter and sugars to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, banana, and sour cream.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let bread cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the Sir Bananas Real Bananas Milk and powdered sugar until smooth. Add a drop of yellow food coloring as desired.
- Pour glaze of the bread and serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sir Bananas . The opinions and text are all mine.