This one skillet pasta comes together in less than 30 minutes and is bursting with flavor! This recipe is sponsored by Smithfield.
My husband has just started working from home a couple weeks a month.
You guys. I know some of you are cringing, like oh man, that’s a lot of together time.
Well, yes. It is.
But, so far, 2 days in, it is totally fabulous. Don’t worry – I’m sure the honeymoon phase will wear off, but for now, we’re totally enjoying the extra time together. <3
I can’t even complain about all of the extra food I’m cooking. When the husband isn’t home, we resort to drive-thru a whole lot more often than we should, but I’m trying to be Super Wife this week, so I’ve been cooking three meals a day.
He must be Super Husband though, because he’s been doing the clean up. Hallelujah!!
Anyway, I like to keep lunch (and dinner!) quick and easy and that’s where this one skillet pasta recipe comes in to play! I mean, it’s already back to school season, so life is busy enough without adding a bunch of time in the kitchen!
I started this recipe with a Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet. <— That’s a really long way of a saying a delicious tender pork loin filet that is coated in applewood smoked bacon and seasoning. Seriously good stuff here!
To keep this recipe quick and easy, we’re going to dice up the pork loin filet. It cooks so quickly this way.
There are chunks of bacon on the outside of the pork loin, so get excited. This is going to be tasty.
Sear the pork in a hot skillet and then add in some ranch seasoning, cellatini (or any shape pasta you prefer), chicken broth, and milk.
You’ll bring this to a boil, cover, and cook until the pasta is tender and the pork has cooked through. It goes quick!
Sprinkle on some grated cheddar and you’ll have a tasty dinner that’s packed with protein.
I took it a step further and sprinkled some fried and crumbled Smithfield bacon on top, but you can skip that step if you want to keep things extra simple. A sprinkling of fresh parsley and a little drizzle of ranch dressing finishes everything off.
This one skillet dinner was a total hit with my kids and husband. We’re all ranch fanatics in our house and this did NOT disappoint!
If you love ranch, you’re going to love this pasta recipe!
You can find Smithfield’s Marinated Fresh Pork in a variety of flavors and cuts at your local Jewel, Save-A-Lot, and Schnucks stores.
You can also enter the Smithfield Real Flavor Real Fast contest for a chance to win a trip to wine country. Or just go peruse the recipes and get some dinner inspiration!
One Skillet Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pasta
- 1 package Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet about 23 ounces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces dry pasta any small shape
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Dice the pork loin filet into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil. When the olive oil is hot, add the pork to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta, broth, milk, and ranch dressing mix to the skillet and stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cover. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove lid from pan and stir. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 6 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese. Cover and let sit for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Tips & Notes:
- Fry and crumble Smithfield bacon to top your pasta, if desired.
- Serve with a drizzle of ranch dressing for an extra burst of flavor.