This buffalo chicken pizza is full of spicy buffalo sauce, chicken, and drizzled with a creamy ranch dressing.
I mean, how did I grow up to land this gig where I cook, photograph food, and write about it for a living? It’s so fabulous, I can barely handle it all.
I love cooking, I love photography, I love writing. My life, it is complete.
Then you throw in the amazing children and the sweet husband, and seriously, I’m so blessed I sometimes want to punch myself.
Are you getting tired of hearing me talk about how amazing things are? I mean, guys. There are lots of dirty dishes. And did I mention the crumbs? And my children totally leave their socks all up in everything. I have found dirty socks on the kitchen counters. I have found their dirty socks under my pillow. I have found dirty socks in my purse.
What is with my children and dirty socks? Someone make it stop.
Overall, though, I would not change this life full of socks for anything.
Especially since it contains things like this buffalo chicken pizza recipe. (And this carnitas pizza! OMG.)
This buffalo chicken pizza is like this life-altering meal that will totally make you jealous of yourself.
Has that ever happened to you? Things are so wonderful that you’re actually jealous of yourself? If not, prepare to feel that way when you take a bit out of this spicy, cheesy, ranch-y pizza. It’s ridic.
You can either use a store bought rotisserie chicken for this meal, or you can be like me and use my favorite shredded chicken. It cooks in a crockpot all day, shreds quickly in the mixer, and then stores in the freezer for you to grab whenever the mood strikes. I always have eleventy hundred bags of the stuff on hand!
Be sure to give my buffalo chicken casserole a try too!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
For the dough:
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups flour (bread or all purpose works well here)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Ranch dressing seasoning the powder
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella grated
- Ranch dressing prepared for serving, if desired
- To make the dough, place the warm water and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Sprinkle the yeast on top and let bloom, about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour, olive oil, and salt to the yeast mixture and turn the mixer (fitted with the dough hook) to medium. Knead until the dough comes together to form a smooth dough. Remove dough to an oiled bowl and place in the oven with the light turned on.
- Let rise for one hour, or until doubled in bulk.
- When the dough has doubled, punch it down.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Roll the dough out on a well floured surface to a 12 inch circle and place on a pizza stone or pan.
- To prepare the pizza, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt the cream cheese, stirring constantly to prevent it from burning on the bottom of the pan.
- Once the cream cheese has melted, spread it evenly over the pizza crust and sprinkle with the ranch seasoning powder.
- Sprinkle all but 1/4 cup of the cheese over the crust.
- Toss the chicken with the hot sauce to coat and put the chunks of chicken evenly over the cheese.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the dough is golden and the cheese has melted.
- Drizzle ranch dressing over the pizza before serving, if desired.