Do you want to know the best part of being a blogger?
I mean, besides all of the food that I’m more or less required to consume on a daily basis?
The best part is when a brand that you love (like big, pink, puffy heart love) asks you to create a recipe for them. If you’re not a foodie, that probably doesn’t sound that exciting. But, I mean, it’s like some famous dress designer that you’ve admired all your life asking you to jazz up one of her dresses. Amazing, right?
So, anyway, Biscoff was looking for bloggers to create a recipe and spread the word about their Spread The Love campaign, and I basically squealed like the true fangirl that I am and proceeded to think of nothing but Biscoff recipes for a week straight.
Y’all know what Biscoff Spread is right? It’s like peanut butter, but it’s not made from peanuts. It’s made from glorious Biscoff cookies. So, yeah. Cookie butter. It’s a thing.
After spending all of my waking hours dreaming up recipes my brain spit out the idea for these delicious little breakfast treats. I generally just sneak spoonfuls of Biscoff Spread for a quick dessert, but I also love dipping apple slices in it. You also might remember the Peanut Butter and Jelly pinwheels that I shared a few weeks ago. Well, I thought these little Biscoff Apple Pie Pinwheels would be a fun play on both of those things and was I ever right! These were delicious!
I just diced up some apples, cooked them down with some Biscoff, rolled them up in some puff pastry, and baked them until they were puffy and delicious. Then I drizzled on more Biscoff, because let’s get real. You can never have too much cookie spread in your life, am I right?
You could totally get away with serving these for breakfast, as an after school snack, or as dessert. Biscoff Spread is for all times of the day in this household!
Biscoff Apple Pie Pinwheels
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1/2 cup Biscoff Spread divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry thawed but cool
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 8 cavities in a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Peel and dice the apple into small chunks.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt the butter in the skillet. Add the apples, cinnamon, and salt to the pan and stir to combine. Cook the apples for 2 minutes. Drop in 1/4 cup of the Biscoff Spread and stir to coat the apples. Remove from the heat.
- Lay out your thawed puff pastry on a floured work surface. Dump the apples into the center of the pastry and spread them to the edges.
- Roll the pastry up like you're making cinnamon rolls. Slice with a sharp knife into 8 equal sized pieces.
- Place one roll in each muffin cavity.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Keep a close eye on them as they can burn quickly in such a hot oven.
- Let sit in the pan for 5 minutes before removing.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of Biscoff Spread to the skillet you used to cook the apples. Heat over very low heat until the spread has just melted enough to drizzle over the pinwheels.
- Drizzle and serve immediately.
Biscoff Spread is also perfect on toast, with sliced apples, and can be used in place of peanut butter in many recipes! It’s all-natural, preservative free, free of trans-fat, vegan, and is free of GMOs, just like the cookies!
Lotus Bakeries is currently running a Spread the Love Challenge! The Biscoff Spread the Love Challenge asks consumers to get creative with their Biscoff Spread snacks by uploading photos that show their favorite ways to “spread the love.” The submission period has ended, but there are plenty of delicious and creative recipes to vote for!
Lotus Bakeries has narrowed down the photo entries to the top 30. Facebook users (that’s you!) can vote for the final grand prize winners on the Biscoff fan page. All entrants will be automatically entered in a sweepstakes to win a year’s supply of Biscoff products.
The top three winners of Biscoff’s Spread the Love Challenge, to be announced on August 30, 2013, will receive the following prizes:
First place – A trip to Belgium for two and a tour of the Biscoff factory
Second place – $1,500 cash
Third place – $1,000 cash
Biscoff Spread is a sweet, creamy spread made with Biscoff Cookies. Try this delicious European alternative to peanut butter or chocolate spread. Vote for the best photo in Biscoff’s “Spread the Love” contest and you could win a year’s supply of Biscoff products!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Biscoff. The opinions and text are all mine.