Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
These bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers are filled with pimento mac & cheese for a tasty twist on a crowd favorite! Big thanks to Bob Evans Foods for sponsoring this post! And thank you for supporting the brands that help support this blog!
We did something big this week. Something that my husband has been trying to convince me to do for a year or two now. Something that I fought against tooth and nail.
We cancelled cable.
I mean, it’s actually fine. We have three different streaming services, so it’s not like I’m missing out on any of my shows. It’s just weird to not see that cable box.
Of course, as soon as I committed to cancelling it, my husband started panicking about football. How in the world would he watch live football games without cable?
I was just like, look, buddy. If you can’t watch football games, it just means that you focus harder on football food. No pesky distractions. Go hard on the food and forget the game.
He wasn’t amused and he totally figured out a way to stream live TV, so all is well in his world. Especially when I presented him and his buddies with these bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. These aren’t just filled with your standard cheese mixture.
These bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers are stuffed with Bob Evan’s creamy dreamy White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese.
I can not say enough good things about their mac and cheese. We basically always have a couple packages in the fridge for easy side dishes. They have saved dinner on more than one occasion. They’re perfect on their own, but my kids like to stir in shredded chicken and make them a full meal. So easy and so good!
Anyway, I went with their white cheddar mac and cheese for this recipe and I doctored it up with a little extra cheese and some pimentos. I love pimento cheese, so pimento mac and cheese had to happen.
This recipe is simple. Slice your jalapenos in half, scoop out the seeds and membrane, and fill the peppers with the mac and cheese. Wrap each pepper in bacon and then drizzle on some honey. I love all of the contrast in this recipe – sweet honey, spicy peppers, creamy mac and cheese, crunchy peppers.
Give these a try at your next football game and let me know how they go over! I think they’ll be the real MVP. <— Look at me pretending like I know how to speak sports. 😉
Pimento Mac and Cheese Jalapeno Poppers
- 1 package Bob Evans White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 ounces jarred pimentos, drained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 large jalapenos
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the jalapenos and slice in half length-wise. Use a small spoon to scoop the seeds and membrane from the jalapeno halves.
- Microwave the macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
- Empty macaroni and cheese into a medium mixing bowl with the grated Monterey Jack cheese, pimentos, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Spoon the macaroni and cheese into the jalapeno halves, about 1-2 tablespoons of macaroni and cheese per pepper.
- Slice the bacon strips in half and wrap each jalapeno with one half of a slice of bacon.
- Place poppers on prepared baking sheet.
- Warm the honey in a small dish in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the honey over each popper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bacon is cooked to your liking.
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.