Loaded Reese’s Brownies
These Reese’s brownies are pure brownie perfection and a must make for any peanut butter lover!
Can we talk about peanut butter?
Like, I’m not sure I could live without it. I just got back from the 2017 Disney Social Media Moms Celebration on board the absolutely amazing Disney Wonder and I ordered an Uncrustables from room service every night just to get my peanut butter fix. It was heavenly.
I just really need peanut butter in my life. Sometimes, when I need a quick snack that will hold me over until dinner, I just eat a spoonful of creamy peanut butter.
What I’m saying is that if I was stranded on a dessert island and could only bring one thing with me – it’d probably be a mega jar of PB. You would probably not want me to be your partner on Naked and Afraid, but that’s okay. I’d be happily munching on my peanut butter while you were off trying to stab a fish with a twig or something.
So, anyway, enough about that. I made you guys some brownies. Some epic brownies. Some epically epic brownies.
My Reese’s brownies are topped with the creamiest peanut butter frosting!
I started off with my favorite Nutella Brownies. These guys bake up so rich and fudgy. You can omit the Nutella entirely with no other changes, if you don’t want the extra sugar or calories, but I’m a big fan of Nutella myself. The video up above shows the making of the brownies.
Then I topped them with this outrageously thick and creamy peanut butter frosting. Just try to not eat that stuff with a spoon. I dare you.
After that, I poured on my mama’s famous chocolate frosting. It’s a thin, pourable frosting that sets up into fudgy perfection. I have been known to make a small batch of just the frosting and eat it with a spoon. It’s seriously good.
Finally, the brownies get topped with some bite-sized Reese’s Minis.
Good luck keeping any willpower around these guys. You’ll be tempted to hoover the whole pan right into your face.
Fully Loaded Reese's Brownies
- 1 recipe Nutella brownies, baked and cooled
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi-sweet)
- 8 ounces Reese's Minis
- When the brownies are completely cooled, prepare the peanut butter frosting.
- To prepare the peanut butter frosting, beat together the butter and peanut butter until well combined in the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment.
- On low speed, beat in the powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream until mixture is thick and fluffy and well combined. Thin with more heavy cream if desired to reach the consistency you prefer.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture over the brownies.
- To make the chocolate frosting, add sugar, butter, and milk to a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil for exactly 60 seconds and remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips and continue stirring until the chocolate has melted.
- Immediately pour the chocolate frosting over the peanut butter layer and gently spread with an offset spatula.
- Let the chocolate frosting cool for 5 minutes before sprinkling with chopped Reese's candies.
- Let sit for 30 minutes before cutting and serving.