Beef Burrito Dip
Looking for some new crock pot dip recipes? Check out this bean dip recipe, loaded with spicy shredded beef, cheese, and all the burrito flavors you love!
Let’s talk about ugly food for a minute.
Ugly food is a jerk. There, I’ve said all I need to say.
The problem with stupid ugly food is that it’s usually also the most delicious food. Why is that? Why is the pile of brown goo always the most delicious substance you’ll ever shove inside your face?
So, basically I’m hoping that you all agree that ugly food tends to be the tastiest and you’ll give this beef burrito dip a shot. I mean, it’s a bean dip and it’s a crock pot dip and it’s a burrito dip and it’s a dip dip dip, need I say more?
I’m working with Hurst’s Beans this year to bring you some interesting new ways to use their beans and I figured this was the perfect time of year for a new bean dip recipe! It’s football time. You need more crock pot dip recipes in your life, you know?
This one is easy and it has all of the goodness of a burrito in there.
As with the slow cooker pulled pork and pintos recipe that I shared last month, this makes a whole heck of a lot of food. It’s perfect for leftovers and can be used in numerous ways so you totally won’t get bored eating it.
Use this as a dip, as a taco filling, as a burrito filling, on top of some eggs for a Mexican breakfast, spread on a pizza crust and baked with extra cheese, or spoon it over some corn bread. Or just spend the rest of your days dipping chips in it, because yum.
Basically, what I’m saying is that the leftovers will be put to good use.
This recipe starts with a bag of Hurst’s Slow Cooker Chili. This is a mix of pinto, black, red, and kidney beans. You can find it in near the rest of the dried beans at your grocery store and it already comes with a chili seasoning packet inside.
If you love dip, try my spicy chicken dip!
Beef Burrito Dip
- 1 package Hurst's Slow Cooker Chili Beans with seasoning packet
- 2 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 5 cups water
- 15 ounces jarred salsa
- 4 ounces cream cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, diced
- tortilla chips, for serving
- guacamole and sour cream, as desired
- Sort through the dry beans and remove any debris. Rinse well and place in a 5 quart slow cooker set to high.
- Add the diced onion to the slow cooker and top with the whole chuck roast.
- Sprinkle the seasoning packet from the bean package into slow cooker.
- Add 5 cups of water to the slow cooker, cover, and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Remove the lid, shred the beef with 2 forks, and stir in the salsa, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and green onions. Stir until mixture is combined and cheese has melted.
- Turn slow cooker to low and serve with tortilla chips. Top with guacamole and sour cream, as desired.
Affiliate Links: This blog contains affiliate links.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 2617kcal Calories from fat 1250|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 139g||214%|
|Saturated Fat 68g||340%|
|Dietary Fiber 13g||52%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|