Low Carb Fried Zucchini
This fried zucchini recipe is such a tasty way to get in those veggies! We love fried zucchini dipped in ranch dressing and it’s a great low carb treat.
My kids have been so patient with me while I’m on my low carb diet. Half the time I’m eating weird things for dinner like cream cheese and pepperoni because I just don’t feel like cooking. Eating low carb tends to curb my appetite quite a bit, which is a total blessing – aside from dinner time! My poor kids.
They are mostly okay with the diet changes I’ve been making.
This low carb fried zucchini recipe is one of my kids’ favorites.
I actually hear cheering when they see me slicing up the zucchini. Not something I’m used to hearing when vegetables are involved!
There are lots of fried zucchini recipes out there, but I use coconut flour mixed with a bit of the powdery Parmesan cheese as the coating on the zucchini slices. You could swap in almond flour if you have that on hand, but I’ve tested pretty extensively and we all prefer the coconut flour on these. It tends to get a bit crisper and we like that.
I really like that these are just fried in a shallow pan with a bit of oil – no need to break out the deep fryer. Not that I mind deep fried food (say hello to my favorite cake donut recipe ever), but it can be a pain to deal with the leftover oil.
I serve these with ranch dressing for dipping. Lots and lots of it, because I’m from the Midwest and I can pretty much drink ranch dressing.
You can find those cute little baskets I served these in right here. I like serving food like this in them because it makes us feel like we’re eating out. 😉
Low Carb Fried Zucchini
serves 4 as an appetizer
- 3 medium zucchini or yellow squash
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup powdered Parmesan cheese
- vegetable oil, for frying
- ranch dressing, for serving
- Heat a 1/4 inch of oil in the bottom of a large skillet over medium heat.
- Wash and slice the zucchini into thin rounds, about 1/8-1/4 inch thick.
- Beat together the egg and water in a shallow bowl.
- Stir together the coconut flour and Parmesan in a second shallow bowl.
- Coat the zucchini in the egg and then dredge in the coconut mixture to coat.
- Add a single layer of zucchini to the hot oil, being careful not to crowd the pan. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- Serve with ranch dressing for dipping.
Affiliate Links: This blog contains affiliate links.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 707kcal Calories from fat 538|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 60g||92%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|