Oven Fried Buttery Chicken Legs
Wondering how to bake chicken legs? I’ve got you covered with this easy baked drumsticks recipe.
My children, man. It’s like they live for pushing my buttons.
They both love fried chicken. Just not from restaurants. Only from home.
I mean, I can relate. Fried chicken from home is pretty much always better than fried chicken from a drive through joint. But, have you guys ever fried chicken at home? It’s messy and it takes for.ev.er.
So, I keep the kids happy with my oven baked fried chicken. It’s easy to the max. This is basically just a riff on my oven baked chicken strips recipe that you guys all love like crazy.
For this recipe, I’ve teamed up with Perdue to help in the fight against hunger. Every time you redeem one of Perdue’s specially marked coupons for easy, convenient PERDUE® Chicken Products, Perdue Foods will donate 4 ounces of protein to Feeding America® to provide a meal* through its nationwide network of food banks. Promotion valid 8/23/15-12/31/15. For more information, visit Perdue.com.
Get Deals. Donate Meals. <—Pretty simple and genius way to help feed the hungry, right?
Get your coupons RIGHT HERE!
These oven fried drumsticks are about as simple as it gets. I coat the chicken legs in mayonnaise. Weird? I don’t think so. Remember my baked ranch chicken? The one with the cheese? Yeah. It’s super popular and gets rave reviews…and it’s also coated in mayo.
So, you coat your drumsticks in mayo and then toss them in some finely ground butter crackers. I use my food processor to crush the crackers, but a blender would work as well. From there you just coat your chicken by shaking it all up in a bag and then place it on a hot, buttered cast iron skillet or cookie sheet.
This baked chicken recipe is done in about 40 minutes, making it perfect for a busy night. Hope your kids enjoy this drumsticks recipe as much as mine do!
Oven Fried Buttery Chicken Legs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds drumsticks
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups ground butter crackers
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the butter in a cast iron skillet or cookie sheet and place in the oven to melt.
- Meanwhile, stir together the mayonnaise and milk in a shallow dish.
- Add the cracker crumbs, garlic powder, and salt to a large zip bag and shake to combine.
- Coat the chicken in the mayonnaise mixture and place in the bag.
- Seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken in the cracker crumbs.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the chicken in the melted butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then flip the chicken over.
- Continue baking for 15-20 more minutes or until the chicken reaches 160 degrees.
Affiliate Links: This blog contains affiliate links.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 707kcal Calories from fat 473|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 53g||82%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||80%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Follow Perdue on Facebook for recipe ideas, product information, news and exclusive savings!
Looking for chicken recipes? Follow Perdue on Pinterest!