Spicy Garlic Chicken Flatbread
This recipe starts with a homemade garlic oil spread on naan bread and topped with cheese and chicken. The spicy garlic infused oil adds such great flavor to this easy flatbread recipe.
It’s back to school time. Soccer practice. Football practice. Swim practice. Music lessons. Karate. Whatever it is that your short people do, it’s probably consuming your life right about now.
I do not even know how you people manage to get dinner on the table throughout the week. I would die. Or cry. Maybe both.
My kids take it pretty easy on me. Music lessons, drawing classes, and Girl Scouts. I can deal with those. I do not think I could handle nightly soccer practices and such. I need a couple of days of down time, you know?
Anyway, because I feel sorry for you and because even I sometimes have busy nights, I thought we’d whip up a super flavorful dinner concoction.
As you know, I’ve been working with Stonefire (see my Southwest Dip, Mexican Chicken Flatbread, and Indian Butter Chicken Dip). Their mini naan make the perfect base for a quick flatbread. Which is pretty perfect this time of year, because you can get this done in about 10 minutes of hands on time.
I made a spicy garlic oil for these flatbreads and I’d like to chat with you about that for just a second. Garlic infused oils do carry some risk of botulism IF you are storing the oil for any length of time. Personally, I make my oil, let it sit for an hour and then I use it up. Better safe than sorry, right? Plenty of people make garlic oil and keep it in the fridge for a week or so. Do your own research and make your own decisions based on what you feel comfortable with.
If you’d like these to be extra spicy, sprinkle on a few extra chili flakes. My kids would hang me by my toes if I tried that though.
Hope these little flatbreads come in handy on your next busy night!
Spicy Garlic Chicken Flatbread
For the spicy garlic oil:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili flakes
For the flatbreads:
- 6 mini naan
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
To make the spicy garlic oil:
- Smash the garlic cloves to remove the papery shell. Leave the cloves mostly intact.
- Add the oil, garlic, and chili flakes to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until garlic just begins to brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool for one hour.
To make the flatbreads:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the naan on a large baking sheet.
- Spread each naan with enough garlic oil to coat the tops.
- Sprinkle each naan with the mozzarella cheese, top with the chicken, and sprinkle the chopped garlic evenly between each naan. Top with the parsley.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.
NOTE: Garlic infused oils do carry some risk of botulism if stored for any length of time. If you do choose to store the remaining oil, do so for up to 5 days in a sealed container in the refrigerator, be beware of the risk associated with doing so.