Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pancakes
So, I miiiiiiiight have mentioned to y’all that I wrote a little book? A little book that is bursting with pancake recipes? Yeah, I thought so.
Well, the good news is that my book, Stack Happy, is almost here! It’s due in stores on February 10th! Of course, you can pre-order right now on Amazon and it’ll be at your house the day of release. Buy my book here! It helps support this site and you get 70 pancake recipes for breakfast, dinner, and dessert! Also sauces and syrups! 😉 If you want to know how to make pancakes from scratch, this is the book for you.
I thought I’d help get you guys excited about the book by sharing one of the recipes!
These cinnamon raisin bread pancakes make me think of my grandma. She has a slice of cinnamon raisin bread for breakfast every morning. Aaaaad, don’t judge, but she also uses the cinnamon raisin bread as sandwich bread. Kinda weird, I know.
Wondering what other recipes to expect from Stack Happy? How about some Cookies ‘n Cream Pancakes, Coconut Quinoa Pancakes (they’re actually super delicious!), potato pancakes which I obviously loaded up with cheese and bacon, and you guys. I even made Black Bean Corn Cakes. That you serve with guacamole, because look. I don’t care if my book is full of pancake recipes. You know I had to Mexify one of those recipes. I think the hardest recipe for me to perfect in the book was the cheesecake pancakes and lemme tell ya, if you like cheesecake, you’ll be loving on that recipe for sure! Buy my book here!
Anyway, these pancakes are loaded with raisins and have a nice, hearty texture from the whole wheat flour. Drown ’em in some maple syrup or the cinnamon syrup recipe from my book! Either way, you’re going to love this pancake recipe!
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pancakes
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Add the raisins and ½ cup of water to a small sauce pan. Turn on the heat to medium and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and drain the water. Set raisins aside.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine. Stir in the raisins.
- In a small bowl, mix together the buttermilk, egg, butter, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined, but still slightly lumpy.
- Spray your cooking surface with non-stick cooking spray and place ¼ cup of the pancake batter in the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes per side or until cooked through. Repeat with remaining pancakes.
Affiliate Links: This blog contains affiliate links.
|Serving Size||2 pancakes|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 148kcal Calories from fat 37|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|