Cheddar Bacon Egg Salad
This is the best egg salad recipe ever and I think you’re going to love it! It’s loaded with bacon and cheddar!
Aaaaand, I’m officially living in the middle of nowhere, you guys.
Do you know what this means? Do you?
It means that I must prepare myself. For what, you ask? Well, for all the things.
For breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, most importantly.
In the past, we were really bad about hitting up the drive thru for lunch. Not every day, but a few times a week, at least. It was quick, it was easy, it was cheap. Also, cooking three meals a day is just too much. For serious.
My egg salad sandwich recipe has saved me at lunch time on more than one occasion!
Check out how to make egg salad exciting. Hint: It’s with cheese and bacon.
Now? I’m cooking three meals a day. Lucky me, this egg salad is not only easy, but tastes phenomenal. It’s full of flavor from the bacon and cheddar, perfectly creamy from the hit of mayonnaise, and has just the right bite from the mustard.
I even ate this for breakfast today, which was not weird, because it’s basically bacon, eggs, and toast. Winning!
This is the best egg salad recipe you’ll ever try! I mean, how could it not be? Did you see all that cheese and bacon?
So, whether you’re living in the middle of nowhere like me, with no place to go for lunch or a long drive to a grocery store, or you really love egg salad (also like me) this egg salad recipe is the one for you! You have to give it a try and let me know what you think! It’s so darn good!
Cheddar Bacon Egg Salad
3 big sandwiches
Adjust salt as needed in this recipe, as some bacon and cheddar are quite salty already. ?
- 6 eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Add the eggs to a medium sized pot and fill with water to 1 inch above the eggs. Bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat, cover with a lid, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Run the eggs under cold water or place them in an ice bath until cold.
- While the eggs are cooling, chop the bacon into bite sized pieces and fry until crisp over medium heat. Drain the fat and set aside the bacon.
- Peel the eggs and mash them finely with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, parsley, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Stir in the bacon and cheddar.
- Serve as a dip with crackers or between bread as a sandwich.