Peanut Butter Brownie Cheesecake
He doesn’t like frosting, so cake is usually out of the question when it comes to birthday treats. Oh, and no. I don’t know what planet he is from. Thanks for asking.
I told him to choose a treat for his birthday dinner and he happily answered brownies from a box with nothing weird done to them.
“You’re a food bloggers dream, you know that?” I told him.
He was super proud of himself, not realizing that actually, he kind of sucks. I mean, would you guys really want me to make a box of brownies and share it here? The recipe would read “Buy a box of brownies. Follow the instructions. The end!”
So, I completely ignored him, as is my wifely right, and I made him his two favorite desserts combined. Cheesecake and brownies from a box.
The peanut butter cheesecake is no-bake, so this is a pretty simple dessert without a ton of hands on time. It does need to chill for four hours before serving, though, so keep that in mind!
Oh, and happy birthday, husband. I guess I’ll keep you.
- 1 family sized package brownie mix
- 3/4 cup hot fudge-flavored ice cream topping, warmed
- 2 8 - ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Prepare the brownies according to package directions. Bake in a 9x13 baking dish and allow to cool completely.
- Cut brownies into bars and place 3/4 of the bars into a 9x3 inch springform pan. Press the brownies together to form the crust.Spread the hot fudge sauce on top of the brownie crust. Set aside.
- Crumble the remaining brownies and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and peanut butter together until well combined. Beat in the condensed milk. Set aside.
- Whip the cream until you have soft peaks. Beat in the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the cream into the cheesecake mixture.
- Spread half of the cheesecake mixture on the brownie crust. Sprinkle the crumbled brownies on top. Spread the remaining cheesecake mixture on top of the crumbled brownies.
- Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Garnish with chocolate syrup or peanut butter cups if desired.
adapted from Midwest Living