Three Cheese Spread
Have you seen those commercials that say “Ahh, the power of cheese?” Well, I don’t want to be weird or anything, but cheese! It is powerful. Everyone loves it (please don’t tell me if you don’t love cheese, I would never recover from the shock) which means it is the perfect food to serve at get togethers, parties, funerals, weddings, baby showers, and late night television watching marathons.
Just in case I forgot to mention a time when serving cheese would be appropriate, a good rule of thumb is this: If people will be present, cheese should be on the menu. Hallelujah and amen.
My baby girl just had a birthday, so we celebrated by eating cake and ripping open presents. We also celebrated with a bit of this cheese spread. That’s the way birthdays are meant to be celebrated, after all.
There’s a picture of the birthday girl eating some snow. I figured it’d be okay to sneak a picture of her in as long as the picture included food. And, yes, I’m the type of mother that considers snow a good, healthy snack. Don’t judge.
Alright, back to the cheese. This cheese spread is simple, tasty, and perfect for your next get together. Feel free to play with the flavors of this and make it your own. I have a feeling that a bit of that powdered ranch dip mixed in would be quite tasty. You could also add a bit of finely diced jalapeno for a little kick. Or sprinkle in some cayenne if that’s more your speed. Play with it, have fun with it, but most of all, eat it. You won’t regret it.
Three Cheese Spread
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flaks
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup milk (or more, depending on what consistency you want)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grate the cheddar and pepper jack cheese.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Add more milk if you want a thinner consistency.
- Serve with crackers.