Cajun Chicken Alfredo
I’ve been on a major pasta kick lately. There is just something about noodles coated in a perfectly simple alfredo sauce that I can not pass by.
I mean, you’d be eating this Cajun Alfredo sauce every night too, if you had any idea how easy it is.
Which obviously means that I’m here to show you how easy it is, because I’m on a mission to make the world delicious.
I actually really like plain old Fettucini Alfredo – no chicken, no fancy additions. Just a simple basic recipe.
But then my husband comes along and cries about the lack of meat and the lack of excitement and I start to question our entire marriage because who doesn’t want to eat plain old fettucini alfredo every day of their life?
Anyway, this is his kicked up Cajun version and even I have to admit that it’s very very good. I may or may not have eaten my weight in alfredo the other night. Who can say?
We just seasoned our chicken with Cajun seasoning to spice things up. Please oh please feel free to stir some cajun seasoning in to your sauce or sprinkle extra over the top. I mean, just do it. My daughter was eating dinner with us, though, and she would have been horrified to find red stuff on her favorite alfredo. So. We kept the seasoning to the chicken because nobody wants a distraught tweenager on their hands.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is how quickly it comes together. Season the chicken, pop it in a frying pan, and cook it off. Meanwhile, boil some pasta. The sauce is literally just three ingredients and comes together in about 5 minutes.
You’re going to love this one! Serve it with my favorite garlic bread recipe and you’re good to go!
If you love alfredo, check out my penne alfredo with bacon and broccoli too!
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound dried fettucini
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Rub the chicken breasts with the Cajun seasoning on both sides.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook for 15 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove chicken to a plate and slice into thin strips.
- Add the butter to a pan over medium heat and melt.
- Stir in the whipping cream and garlic until heated.
- Stir in the Parmesan and mozzarella until melted and sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Pour the alfredo sauce over the drained pasta and top with the sliced chicken.
- Sprinkle with additional Cajun seasoning if desired.