Snack Time with Arla
Popping in today with THREE new recipes for you, all featuring our favorite dairy product – cheeeeeeese!
Tell me, who doesn’t love a good cheesy snack every
once in awhile afternoon?
I teamed up with Arla® to come up with these cheesy snacks to keep you and your little ones’ happy until dinner time.
Have you guys seen Arla around your grocery store or given them a try before? I’m really excited about this brand, because Arla is a farm-to-fridge dairy, so the milk in their cream cheese, sliced cheese, and snack cheese comes straight from Arla’s farms.
Their cream cheese contains just four core ingredients – cream, milk, cheese cultures, and salt. It’s free from artificial flavors, stabilizers, preservatives, and thickeners. It’s a better for you choice than many of the other cream cheese products you’d normally find on grocery shelves and it tastes amazing! I’m fairly obsessed with cream cheese and when I saw that Arla made a strawberry variety, I had to create a little snack featuring that. Enter these Lemon Strawberry Cream Cheese Toasts.
Now, look. I love avocado toast as much as the next girl, but this toast right here has a pretty big place in my heart too. Branch out a bit and give this a try! The creamy strawberry cream cheese pairs so well with the juicy strawberries. I topped the strawberries with some fresh lemon zest and a big ol’ drizzle of honey. You’re going to love this simple snack. It’d double as a great breakfast too!
Strawberry Lemon Toast
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 2 minutes Total Time: 7 minutes Serves: 1
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons Arla Strawberry Cream Cheese
- 3 strawberries
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Toast the bread.
- Spread cream cheese over warm toast.
- Slice the strawberries and place on cream cheese.
- Use a microplane grater to zest the lemon over the strawberries.
- Drizzle with honey and serve.
Next up, I moved on from cream cheese to Arla’s snack cheese! If you follow me on Instagram you probably saw my Insta-story where I shared the contents of my cheese drawer. So much cheese! This snack cheese is a staple – it’s so easy to grab a piece, unwrap, and go. You have a healthy snack with a bit of protein to keep you full.
I wanted to whip up a little snack that could feed a crowd and would be perfect for when you’re having a get together.
These marinated cheese skewers are perfection. They’re loaded with Arla Cheddar, Arla Havarti, and Arla Gouda. The havarti is my fav.
I also added green and black olives and little salami chunks.
This is all tossed in a simple mix of olive oil, vinegar, and Italian seasonings!
Marinated Cheese Skewers
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Yields: 12-16 skewers
- 6 bars Arla Havarti cheese
- 6 bars Arla Cheddar cheese
- 6 bars Arla Gouda cheese
- 6 ounces large green olives
- 6 ounces extra large black olives
- 6 ounces salami chunks/sticks/bites
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Unwrap all of the cheese and cut each piece in half. Place in a large bowl.
- Drain the green and black olives and add to the bowl of cheese.
- Add the salami to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and Italian seasoning.
- Drizzle ¾ of the mixture over the cheese, olives, and salami and stir to coat.
- Thread the cheese, olives, and salami onto wooden skewers. Drizzle the remaining marinade over the skewers.
- Serve immediately.
And, last, but certainly not least, I grabbed my daughter and had her help whip up these little English Muffin pizzas. This is a snack that I grew up eating myself and it’s still a favorite of mine!
As a kid, we generally only had the neon orange plastic wrapped cheese in our fridge and I’m happy to say that Arla Cheddar is a much healthier and tastier choice! Arla sliced cheese is free from artificial flavors and preservatives, and is made from milk that is free of added hormones*.
To make these, you’ll just slice up an English muffin, top it with a bit of pizza sauce, a couple slices of cheddar, and pepperoni. You could use whatever pizza toppings you like best, but most kids I know go for the pepperoni – and so do I!
Sandwich it all together and grill it up! The cheese gets all warm and melty and delicious. You’re going to love this simple little sandwich!
Cut these in half and share with a friend for snack time, or snag a whole one for yourself and call it lunch.
English Muffin Grilled Cheese Pizzas
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 1 sandwich
- 1 English muffin, halved
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 slices Arla Cheddar cheese
- 3 slices pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Spread each half of the English muffin with pizza sauce. Top each half with a slice of cheddar. Add pepperoni slices and close the sandwich.
- Spread outside of English muffin with butter on both sides.
- Cook in a small non-stick skillet over medium heat until lightly browned on both sides and cheese has melted.
- Cut in half and serve.
*Made with milk from cows not treated with rBST. No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST-treated cows.