BBQ Kebabs Flatbread
Big thanks to Smithfield for sponsoring this recipe!
Ok, guys. Let’s talk about something that we totally all do, but probably don’t admit.
While eating something delicious for dinner, we secretly hope that maybe our children or our significant other won’t be super hungry. Because that would mean *dun dun dun* LEFTOVERS!
I mean, I never want, like, leftover broccoli. Or leftover peas. But the good stuff? Yes. I want the leftovers, because I know I can turn them into an amazing lunch for one the next day.
And sometimes I don’t turn it into anything. I just eat it straight from the fridge with a fork, like a ravenous animal. (My hashbrown casserole is the prime target in most of those instances.)
Well, the other day I made some kebabs with a Smithfield pork loin filet and we had leftover kebabs. I was so pumped about it. I dreamt about what I could do with them the next day! Oh, and they weren’t just any kebabs – they were my White BBQ Sauce kebabs. Made with big chunks of pork, lots of peppers, and pieces of onion. Then slathered in my fav homemade white barbecue sauce.
I ended up going the flatbread route, as I often do.
I smeared a little traditional sweet barbecue sauce on a piece of garlic naan. Then I topped it with a little cheese and as many leftover kebab pieces as I could fit. After it came out of the oven just about 10 minutes later, it was ready for a sprinkling of cilantro and another drizzle of white barbecue sauce. So good, you guys!
This was such a quick lunch and I gobbled it up in no time.
Be sure to make extra kebabs the next time you’re grilling out. You’ve got to give this flatbread a try!
White BBQ Kebabs Flatbread
- 1 piece packaged naan (found in the deli section, usually)
- 2 tablespooons bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup leftover kebabs
- 1 tablespoon diced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon leftover white barbecue sauce (from the kebabs)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place naan on a baking sheet and spread the bottled barbecue sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the cheese and top with the kebabs.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until hot and cheese has melted.
- Top with cilantro and a drizzle of white barbecue sauce.