Made in Partnership with Daisy Sour Cream
The other day my kids asked me if I could maybe bake them something. Like in the oven.
Y’all, I think they done lost their minds.
It is summer. It is hot. We have a grill. We will use the grill.
It’s possible I’ve overdone it on the brats and dogs the past few weeks, though. Maybe they’re rebelling against tubular shaped meats? Weird.
Anyway, the Fourth of July is coming up and I knew I’d be grilling out for that. I mean, I’m an American, aren’t I? Grilled meat and the Fourth of July go hand in hand.
When Daisy reached out and asked me to create a fun little recipe that could use a dollop of their sour cream, I knew I was going to focus on a summery burger recipe. Maybe a fajita burger? Topped with some avocado and plenty of grilled veggies? Yes. Sign me up for that.
Daisy has introduced squeezable sour cream to the world and I’m pretty obsessed with it. I mean, I tend to always have countless containers of sour cream lurking in the fridge, because heaven forbid I ever run out. What would I use to dip my chips or top my tacos?!
But now, with this squeezable sour cream pouch, I can take my sour cream outside without any mess and I love it! Sour cream for all the things! No utensils necessary. Plus you get the bonus option of waving the sour cream pouch in your spouse’s face while threatening to squirt him in the eye with it. What? Like you don’t do that too.
Anyway, I grilled up some burgers, seasoned ’em with taco seasoning, topped ’em with grilled peppers and onions, some cheddar, a bit of avocado, and some fresh cilantro. Then I grilled the buns and squirted on some sour cream. Burger perfection, you guys.
What are you planning on grilling this Fourth of July? And are you going to squirt some sour cream on it?? 😉
Steak Fajita Burgers
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup Daisy sour cream
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- While grill is heating, slice the peppers and onions into thin strips.
- Heat a small skillet on the stove or over the grill and add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet. When melted, add the peppers and onions and cook about 5 minutes, stirring often, until tender crisp.
- Shape beef into 4 patties and sprinkle each side with taco seasoning. Place on grill and cook for 15 minutes, or until cooked to your liking, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Top burgers with cheddar cheese and cook 2 minutes more to melt.
- Remove burgers from grill and let rest 5 minutes.
- While burgers are resting, spread remaining butter evenly between the buns and place on grill to toast.
- Place burgers on toasted buns and top with peppers, onions, cilantro, and avocado slices.
- Squirt sour cream on to the top of each bun and top the burgers. Serve immediately.