What’s Cookin’ Wednesday #69

Hi there, party people! I’ve been on vacation for TWO WEEKS now and holy cow, am I ever ready to get back to the kitchen! I head home tomorrow morning and I plan to make a stop at the grocery store on my way.

It’s true what they say about taking a step back to get your creative juices flowing. I have a list of recipes that I’m dying to make that have all just magically appeared in my brain while I’ve been laying around doing nothing. I love magic.

Now, let’s all drool over these features!

DSC_0889_edited-1

Can you even deal with this Reese’s Butterfinger Cream Cheese Trifle from Tastes of Lizzy T? So good!
Raspberry-Lemonade-Iced-Tea2-682x1024

My mama loves mixing her lemonade with her iced tea, and I know she’d die for this Raspberry Lemonade Iced Tea from Carmel Moments!

8eda749165115aef8fcf6b201fd42fc6

Ooh, what a fun new twist on pasta night! Chipotle Spinach Fettuccini from Kleinworth Co.

0401-744x1024

Bacon Jam Glazed Chicken Wings from The Salty Kitchen. Yep, you heard right: Bacon Jam.

Bacon-Cheddar-Breakfast-Pizza-final1
My husband keeps going on and on about our little gas station’s breakfast pizza. Maybe I should make him this Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Pizza from Love Grows Wild and prove that homemade is better?

Root-Beer-Float-Cookie-Sandwiches-by-SimplyGloria.com-RootBeerCookies
I mean, it IS summer. Root Beer Float Cookie Sandwiches from Simply Gloria.

1-dd-Meringue-Tarts-40
Ooh, how pretty are these Strawberry Meringues from Dieters Downfall? Perfect summer treat!

27 Responses to “What’s Cookin’ Wednesday #69”

1. Julie May 21, 2014 @ 6:11 am (#

I love it when recipes magically appear in my brain! :) Sounds like your vacation was refreshing. Thanks so much for featuring our trifle! Love your party!

2. Kirsten May 21, 2014 @ 6:33 am (#

Karly,
    Welcome back from vacation! I generally feel like I need a vacation after my vacation, but you know I think getting a breakfast pizza from a gas station would be a pretty good staycation. I’m easy to please.
    I’m very intrigued by the chicken wings–in a few days our household will be DONE with braces so foods like corn on the cob, popcorn, and chicken on the bone will rejoin our repertoire. I’ve never made bacon jam, but I have made Green Tomato Bacon Jam–and if you mix some up in ground meat it makes a lovely burger. So I linked it up.
    I also linked up a way my kids eat kale, and so did Giada when she was a kid–with meat, tomatoes, and cream. Who wouldn’t eat kale this way?
    My last recipe is one that’s been floating around waiting to be categorized for a while–it’s not really Spring or Summer or Fall or whatever, so I decided just to post it–Greek Stew Meat Tacos.
    Thanks for hosting!

3. Robyn @ simply fresh dinners May 21, 2014 @ 7:17 am (#

Hi Karly,
    Don’t you love it when you get your batteries recharged? I’m definitely ready for a vacation but wondering if I’ll want to come back, lol.

Thanks so much for hosting. Have a great week!

4. Gina May 21, 2014 @ 7:18 am (#

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing my fettuccini – you totally MADE MY DAY!

Can’t wait to see what you create now that you are back :)

5. Melanie @ Carmel Moments May 21, 2014 @ 7:20 am (#

Thanks so much for featuring my Raspberry Lemonade Iced Tea!
    Have a wonderful Wednesday Karly!

6. Joy @ Yesterfood May 21, 2014 @ 7:36 am (#

Thank you, Karly! :)

7. Shannon {Cozy Country Living} May 21, 2014 @ 7:52 am (#

I hope you had a wonderful vacation Karly! Thanks so much for the party and have a great rest of the week:)

8. Lisa @ Cooking with Curls May 21, 2014 @ 8:06 am (#

Thanks so much for the party Karly. Have fun in your kitchen. Personally, I think I would rather stay on vacation, lol. ;)

9. Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes May 21, 2014 @ 9:28 am (#

Thanks so much for hosting!! :)

10. Karyn - Pint Sized Baker May 21, 2014 @ 10:04 am (#

I can’t wait for vacation!! It can’t come soon enough!
    Thanks so much for sharing my Strawberry Meringues! It was a real treat!
    Have a super week!

11. Jill May 21, 2014 @ 10:09 am (#

Delicious recipes as usual! That trifle will be making an appearance at our house for sure. Thanks for hosting :)

12. Kimberly May 21, 2014 @ 10:41 am (#

I love your party! Thanks for hosting. Please come and party with us. We would love to have you. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Wednesday! Lou Lou Girls

13. Thank you for hosting! New to the party and so happy to have found you and your yummy blog!

14. Jillian Hudson May 21, 2014 @ 3:30 pm (#

Thanks for hosting! I’m sharing my extravagant Lemon Ice Cream Sandwich.

15. Laura @ The Salty Kitchen May 21, 2014 @ 4:28 pm (#

Thank you so much for the feature!! You made my day!

16. Dina@Kitchen Dreaming May 21, 2014 @ 7:07 pm (#

Thank you for hosting, have a great Memorial Weekend.

17. Liz Fourez May 21, 2014 @ 8:05 pm (#

Homemade is always better, in my opinion! Thanks for featuring my breakfast pizza, Karly!

18. lisa@hooplapalooza May 21, 2014 @ 8:34 pm (#

hi Karly! thank you so much for hosting! you might want to check out link #169 there could be a bun in the oven in there… ;)

19. marcie May 22, 2014 @ 9:06 am (#

Two weeks is a long time to be out of the kitchen! Can’t wait to see what you come up with next. :) Thanks for hosting, Karly, and have a great week!

1. Pingback: Homemade Iced Coffee

2. Pingback: Jalapeño Bacon Ranch Cheeseburgers

3. Pingback: Baked Eggs with Asparagus & Spinach

4. Pingback: Banana & Macadamia Nut Muffins

5. Pingback: Roasted Sweet Potato & Fig Salad | Allspice and Nutmeg

6. Pingback: Lemon Ice Cream Sandwich - RSF, GF, Corn-free | Creating Silver Linings

7. Pingback: 5 Boys Baker Sweet and Salty Cake - 5 Boys Baker

8. Pingback: 5 Boys Baker Skillet-Baked Spaghetti with Meat Sauce - 5 Boys Baker