Raspberry Cookie Butter Swirl Rolls

Biscoff and Raspberries swirled up in crescent dough for an amazing breakfast or dessert!

Can we talk for just a quick minute about cookie butter?

First, just in case there are a few of you out there who have not heard of cookie butter (and I know there are), it’s basically peanut butter made of cookies instead of peanuts. It’s even better than you’re imagining it to be.

Our preferred cookie butter brand is Biscoff Spread. I live in a teensy town and it’s a 30 minute drive to the closest two store that sells Biscoff and I happily make that drive as often as possible.

You guys, I buy so much cookie butter that it’s not even funny. Someone needs to stage an intervention.

Anyway, you all know that we moved to the Middle of Nowhere, Nebraska earlier this year. My husband is starting a new ethanol plant and he was holding one of his many meetings with his employees when he pulled out a new jar of cookie butter and a bag of plastic spoons. He passed spoons out to everyone and sent the jar around the room. The people of Middle of Nowhere, Nebraska had never had cookie butter and it has changed their little lives.

I think that’s why there is suddenly a shortage of cookie butter around these parts. My husband thought he was bringing happiness to his people, but in fact he was bringing sadness to his family. Or something.

So, let’s talk about these little rolls, shall we? I cheated and used crescent roll dough, because duh. Crescent rolls are my life and I don’t believe that a homemade dough would taste better in this instance. So, these are easy.

Also, if you’re wondering whether cookie butter and raspberries could possibly go well together, let me assure you that this flavor combination is currently tied with my love of chocolate and peanut butter. It’s just that good. The tart berries and the cinnamon-y sweet cookie butter is divine. Truly.

So, go make these. Just be sure you leave some of the cookie butter on the shelves for everyone else! (Actually, no, if you find it, stock the heck up!)

(Cookie butter is sold under the name Biscoff in most retail stores. I can almost always find it at Wal-Mart or Hy-Vee near the peanut butter. Trader Joe’s has their own version, but I find it has too much of a flour-y taste for my liking and much prefer Biscoff. Other’s swear by TJ’s brand, though.)

PrintPrintSaveSave

Raspberry Biscoff Swirl Rolls

Yield: 8 rolls

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 13 minutes

Total Time: 18 minutes

Ingredients:

1 package Crescent Dough Creations (seamless crescent roll dough)
1/2 cup cookie butter
1/2 cup frozen or fresh raspberries

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Unroll the sheet of crescent roll on a sheet of parchment paper. Spread the Biscoff to the edges of the crescent dough. Sprinkle evenly with the raspberries.
Starting with the long side roll up the dough tightly, jelly roll style. Cut into 8 1-inch pices and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown and the centers are cooked through. The centers do take a bit longer than usual to cook because of the Biscoff, so pay close attention to be sure they cook through.
Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.

27 Responses to “Raspberry Cookie Butter Swirl Rolls”

1. Chloe @ foodlikecake May 5, 2014 @ 5:33 am (#

Those look good!

2. Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness May 5, 2014 @ 5:52 am (#

You should have seen how wide my eyeballs got when I read the title of this post. WHOA! I only tried cookie butter a few months ago..and I died. In a sweet roll with raspberries? I think I <3 you. Pinned!

3. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar May 5, 2014 @ 6:22 am (#

GAH!!! These look so yummy!!

4. Cookbook Queen May 5, 2014 @ 6:22 am (#

I think I”m going to join your husband’s company. I want to be part of the cookie butter meetings.

Karly Reply:

@Cookbook Queen,

Right? I never had meetings like that when I worked in an office.

5. Belinda@themoonblushbaker May 5, 2014 @ 6:38 am (#

Cookie butter and berries? Yum as!

6. Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron May 5, 2014 @ 8:15 am (#

Yes, cookie butter is worth hours and hours of driving time (or thirty minutes!) haha. Best thing ever! Love that you made sweet rolls with biscoff and even better with the addition of raspberries – totally loving these! Pinning!

7. Your husband has endeared himself to that entire office for life. Employee of the year! Sorry about the cookie butter shortage it inflicted on your family though. My thoughts are with you at this trying time! ;-)

8. Aimee @ ShugarySweets May 5, 2014 @ 8:29 am (#

I will only get TJ’s in a pinch. I totally prefer Biscoff. And these rolls? Seriously, I’m in love!!!

9. Matt Robinson May 5, 2014 @ 10:32 am (#

Cookie butter and berries sound like the perfect combination and I would be afraid I would devour the entire batch before anyone else. Love these!

10. Jess @ whatjessicabakednext May 5, 2014 @ 1:01 pm (#

These swirl rolls look amazing! I love the raspberry cookie butter- super delicious! I so need to try these out, they look so, so moorish! :)

11. tanya May 5, 2014 @ 1:01 pm (#

Cookie is truly the best thing ever made! I stock up also because running out of cookie butter is a tragedy I prefer to avoid! Can’t wait to try it with raspberries!

12. As I kept scrolling down to the next picture, I couldn’t stop saying “mmm” – what a great combo of flavors Karly! Plastic spoons + cookie butter sounds so much better than anything I’ve ever had in a meeting!

13. Kentucky Lady 717 May 5, 2014 @ 2:42 pm (#

This sounds great…but could you show us a picture of the COOKIE BUTTER ? Never heard of it….. Thanks

14. I’ll be looking for cookie butter! Bet this would be wonderful with blueberries too. I’ll try it!

15. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust May 5, 2014 @ 6:01 pm (#

I’m DYING. DYING!

And I think it’s awesome he took it to work. True food blogger husband!

16. Amanda May 5, 2014 @ 6:54 pm (#

I made these for dessert tonight and they are delicious!!

Karly Reply:

@Amanda,

Yay! So glad you liked them!

17. Jennie @themessybakerblog May 5, 2014 @ 7:40 pm (#

I know this is going to come off as a bit dramatic, but I would gnaw off my left arm to get to a jar of cookie butter. These rolls are oozing deliciousness. Pinned!

18. Tina @ Mademoiselle Gourmande May 6, 2014 @ 1:41 am (#

Wahhh, when it comes to food there is just so much variety in the US… I have never hear of cokie butter and am very shure that we don’t have that in Germany…
    I really want a jar of that now…

Karly Reply:

@Tina @ Mademoiselle Gourmande,

Actually, Biscoff comes from Belgium, so you may be able to find some! Worth looking for, anyway. :)

19. Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction May 6, 2014 @ 8:53 am (#

I wish I had one to go with my morning coffee right now!

20. Joanne May 9, 2014 @ 6:08 am (#

So your husband is basically sacrificing his own cookie butter happiness for his coworkers! Such a saint. :P

These rolls look amazing. I always have Biscoff in my pantry and shudder at the thought of it not being there!

21. Trish - Mom On Timeout May 9, 2014 @ 6:10 pm (#

Aaaand totally gorgeous! Best part? Easy. Wait, no. It would have to be the cookie butter. And your husband? Totally awesome that he took Biscoff to a meeting. I’d like working for him ;)

22. Dolores May 10, 2014 @ 9:40 pm (#

OMG. Making these for Mother’s Day brunch!

23. Rebecca June 21, 2014 @ 8:54 pm (#