Meyer Lemon Gimlet

meyer lemon gimlet

Oh, hello. Don’t mind me.

I’m just sitting here sipping on my fancy adult beverage. As one does.

This tart little number is perfect for this time of year and you are never even going to believe what I coated the rim of my glass in. Any guesses? Leave them here before hopping over to Tablespoon for the recipe!

16 Responses to “Meyer Lemon Gimlet”

1. Mike April 8, 2014 @ 5:55 am (#

I never would have guessed! (correctly, anyway) I don’t want to spoil it by mentioning what it was, but my first impression of the product (which I haven’t seen on the shelves here in the Texas Panhandle) is that it would make a great crust f/ a lemon cheesecake.

Love your blog, have subscribed for quite a while. (I don’t remember exactly how long…I’ve slept since then. ;-) )

Karly Reply:

@Mike,

Yes, I bet it would make a great crust! Could even use it on strawberry bars for a strawberry lemonade type of thing. Lots of possibilities! Now you’ve got my mind working. :)

And thank you for reading!

2. Betsy | JavaCupcake.com April 8, 2014 @ 7:15 am (#

Ginger? Candied Lemon Peel? Clicking over to find out now!

3. Erin | The Law Student's Wife April 8, 2014 @ 8:08 am (#

I can’t say for certain, but I’m secretly hoping it’s lemon pop rocks.

Karly Reply:

@Erin | The Law Student’s Wife,

Brilliance.

4. Melanie @ Carmel Moments April 8, 2014 @ 8:43 am (#

Lookin’ fine! Such a pretty drink.
    Lovin lemon and lovin life.
    Have a beautiful Tuesday Karly!

5. Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon April 8, 2014 @ 9:26 am (#

You are brilliant, Karly, simply brilliant! I’ll drink adult cocktails with you anytime!:)

6. Rachel April 8, 2014 @ 12:23 pm (#

Crushed cookie? Like a lemon short bread or lemon Oreo?

7. Rachel April 8, 2014 @ 12:25 pm (#

WOW! I never would have guessed that one! Way cool idea, very creative.

8. Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron April 8, 2014 @ 12:54 pm (#

Ha! I was completely wrong! I would have never guessed it! What a fun and awesome idea Karly!

9. Macy April 8, 2014 @ 1:58 pm (#

This looks so yummy!

10. Carol at Wild Goose Tea April 8, 2014 @ 8:40 pm (#

I cheated and hopped over to Tablespoon right a way. I had forgotten all about gimlets. So I am delighted you reminded me—–and a lemon one to boot. Geez I wish I could manifest one right now. Home from work, my feet are up, bathed and in my night gown already—–now I am ready for the gimlet. Although it would have been pretty nice to find it sitting on the edge of my bathtub earlier.

11. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust April 8, 2014 @ 8:57 pm (#

I am so totally making these for my 50s girls night cocktail party next week!

12. Sommer @ASpicyPerspective April 9, 2014 @ 12:08 pm (#

I need a few of these today for sure! Pinning

13. Todd April 11, 2014 @ 4:48 pm (#

Looks delicious!

14. Wowguy April 17, 2014 @ 10:19 pm (#

I’ll take a dozen then be dosin