Whats Cookin’ Wednesday #62

Happy Wednesday! It’s almost Friday and that’s always a good thing. I think my husband might even get a day off this weekend which means PARTY TIME at my house. And by party time, I mean we’ll probably all sit around and look at each other while repeating “what should we do today?” We know how to live it up, you guys!

Any big and exciting weekend plans for you?

mini-tiramisu-eclairs

I really would like to visit France, but since I can’t today, Imma eat these Mini Tiramisu Eclairs from Culinary Couture instead.

Asian-Chicken-Won-Ton-Salad-Two-in-the-Kitchen-v

Love this Asian Chicken Wonton Salad from Two in the Kitchen! I can just taste all those flavors!

DSC_1449-688x1024

I would never turn down one of these Cilantro Lime Tacos from The Scent of Oranges.

IMG_9569ed

Have you hopped on the greek yogurt bandwagon yet? Try these Lemon Greek Yogurt Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting from Baking a Moment!

Lattice-Top-Apple-Pie-cookingwithcurls.com-piday1

Absolutely beautiful! Lattice Top Apple Pie from Cooking with Curls.

DSC_6584-1

Oh my. Trying this one ASAP! Crockpot Crispy Garlic Citrus Carnitas from Crockpot Gourmet.

13317928623_dd65b7f234

I’m obsessed with the crumb topping on this Cinnamon Roll Crumb Cake from Love Bakes Good Cakes!

20 Responses to “Whats Cookin’ Wednesday #62”

1. Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets April 2, 2014 @ 6:12 am (#

I love the recipes you highlighted here. Crumb toppings have always been a favorite of mine, along with cream cheese anything, and the Asian Wonton Salad is just beautiful.

Thanks for hosting. I appreciate it.

2. Allie | Baking a Moment April 2, 2014 @ 6:22 am (#

Thanks for the linkup, Karly! And thanks for featuring my lemon cupcakes. All your picks this week look so delicious- especially those gorgeous little eclairs! I think I’m in love <3 Hope you and your hubby think of something fun to do this weekend! :D

3. Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor April 2, 2014 @ 6:26 am (#

As always, thanks so much for hosting, Karly! Love all the features and can’t wait to try the carnitas for dinner this week :)

4. Kirsten April 2, 2014 @ 7:06 am (#

Using avocados to prop up tacos is the BEST way I’ve ever seen to avoid the dreaded Taco Flop. That’s brilliant–and the recipe looks yummy as well!

I’ve got a couple of recipes showing the versatility of the carrots I get in my farm share for you today: sushi and muffins. Kinda versatile, yeah?
    First I’ve got Unagi and Avocado Rolls with Carrot Sushi Rice. I look at this photo like I sometimes gaze at my kids and think ‘I made that’, which is probably pretty odd but oh well.
    Next up I’ve got Carrot Cake Muffins–but ones that I’d be glad for feed my kids (and have them stay home all day powered on–no sense sugaring them up and leaving them to ping off the walls of the school building when I cannot witness). These muffins use honey, maple syrup, raisins and dates for sweetness and are a treat.
    Finally I’m switching gears from carrots to grilled cheese sandwiches–and all good grilled cheese sandwiches need tomato soup. Here’s an easy way to make tomato soup–if you’ve put up the tomatoes when they were falling all over the garden, that is. Don’t be afraid of canning tomatoes–I’m trying to brainwash you now, before tomato season starts.

Thanks for hosting, Karly!

5. Raven @ True Blue Baking April 2, 2014 @ 8:34 am (#

Thanks for the party Karly and have a great week!

Raven J. True Blue Baking

6. Lisa @ Cooking with Curls April 2, 2014 @ 8:38 am (#

Thank you so much for featuring my apple pie Karly, and for hosting another awesome party! Have a great week. :)

7. Robyn @ simply fresh dinners April 2, 2014 @ 8:56 am (#

Your features are fabulous, Karly! Now how will I wait ALL the way till lunchtime? lol. Thanks so much for hosting.

8. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking April 2, 2014 @ 9:38 am (#

Loving all the colorful, summery dishes this week! Those sweets are to die for, too – cinnamon roll crumb cake?! Hellooooo beautiful.

9. Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes April 2, 2014 @ 9:44 am (#

Thanks so much for the party and feature, Karly! I need to check out that Asian Chicken Wonton Salad – it sounds perfect (even at 7:45 am!!) I hope you’re having a fantastic week! Hugs!!

10. Wendy @ www.mamasblogcentral.com April 2, 2014 @ 11:11 am (#

Thanks for hosting :) Have a great day!

11. Julie April 2, 2014 @ 11:19 am (#

Thanks, Karly, for hosting! That is great looking bunch of features there!! Have a great day!

12. marcie April 2, 2014 @ 1:09 pm (#

Those features look absolutely delicious! Thanks for hosting, Karly! :)

13. cathy April 2, 2014 @ 1:39 pm (#

What a great party, Karly! Thanks so much for hosting! Sounds like you have a great weekend planned, enjoy :-)
    Cathy

14. Debra April 2, 2014 @ 1:41 pm (#

That’s all we do on the weekends too .. sit around and say ‘what should we do?’ but it’s great cause we aren’t tired when we say that :) You’ve linked some great recipes here and maybe that’s what I will do this weekend …

15. Renee @Two in the Kitchen April 2, 2014 @ 1:57 pm (#

Thanks so much for featuring my Wonton Salad Karly!! ALL the features are making my mouth water this week!!

16. Sandi @ A New York Foodie April 2, 2014 @ 7:16 pm (#

Thanks so much for hosting Karly….have a great evening! :)

17. Jillian April 2, 2014 @ 7:19 pm (#

Thanks for hosting today!

18. Karyn Granrud April 2, 2014 @ 7:29 pm (#

Thanks for the party, Karly. Have a great evening.

19. Tara @ Rovin' Rambler April 2, 2014 @ 9:27 pm (#

Haha, my boyfriend and I spend our weekends doing much the same!

All of these recipes look delish, especially the Cilantro Lime Tacos. Yum!

20. Thanks so much for hosting. Have a great weekend!