What’s Cookin’ Wednesday #53

Holy moly, you guys. Is the first month of 2014 really almost over? I can’t even believe how fast time flies anymore. Makes me feel really old to say that, though.

So, looks like the next big holiday is Valentine’s Day. Do y’all have any special plans? Romantic date? All alone with a bucket of ice cream and crap TV? Surrounded by children as usual? Spill the details!

Heart-Pound-Cake-for-Valentines-Day-by-Chelseas-Messy-Apron-1

Whatever your V-Day plans are, I hope they include this Red Velvet Stuffed Pound Cake from Chelsea’s Messy Apron!

Pineapple Chicken Teryaki 2

Making this for dinner this week! Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki from I Thee Cook.

dsc_1107

I think I can get behind this Chipotle Quinoa Chicken Salad from The Scent of Oranges. And by “get behind this” I actually mean, “eat it all in about 3 seconds.”

1 ps PB Chocolate Pudding Cookies (21)

Obsessed with pudding cookies! Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Pudding Cookies from Pint Size Baker

BSS1

Love that this is baked instead of fried! Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken from Sourdough Native

Lasagna-Dip-600-writing1

I would never say no to this Lasagna Dip from i heart eating.

LEMON TART

Ooh, this makes me think of Spring! Lemon Tart with Lemon OREO Crust from The Brunette Baker

18 Responses to “What’s Cookin’ Wednesday #53”

1. Tanya Schroeder January 29, 2014 @ 6:32 am (#

Don’t remind me how fast time flies! Yikes! Thank you for taking the TIME to host Karly!

2. Raven @ True Blue Baking January 29, 2014 @ 6:39 am (#

Hi Karly I hope you have a great rest of your week and thanks for the party!!!

Raven J. True Blue Baking

3. Sandi @ A New York Foodie January 29, 2014 @ 7:04 am (#

Thanks for hosting and have a great day! :)

4. Kirsten January 29, 2014 @ 7:10 am (#

Karly,
    The month may be flying by, but time just CRAWLS when I am out walking the dogs in bitter cold and Simon the Practical Dog (this is his weather, he frolics) keeps dithering over which location is the optimum one for his business. Oy!
    Vincent Barbarino and Wee Oliver Picklepants are efficient–get out, do the business, get back into the warm home.
    You know, I rambled on longer than I expected about the toilet habits of my dogs, so let me switch to yummy food, mmmkay?
    I’ve got a pair of puff pastry pizzas for you, one for the omnivores one for the vegetarians, that prove that me ‘n puff pastry are not exactly BFFs but we’ve got grudging respect for each other.
    Sheesh, now I am anthropomorphizing dough.
    I’ve also got a colorful Confetti Turkey Enchilada with Slow Roasted Tomato sauce–sharing how I use the put up summer bounty in the winter months.
    Finally, I’ve got a Breakfast Salad. Because why not?
    Thanks for hosting, and providing me a place to blather on incessantly while my tea steeps. :)
    Oh! Valentine’s Day plans? Um . . . well yeah I’ll worry about those next month!

5. Julie January 29, 2014 @ 7:21 am (#

We’re looking forward to a low-key Valentine’s Day. Probably just us hanging out as a family, but definitely a little date for my hubby and me when time allows! Thanks for hosting again this week :) Happy Wednesday!

6. Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes January 29, 2014 @ 7:45 am (#

Thanks for hosting :)

7. Hallie @ The Wordy Baker January 29, 2014 @ 8:09 am (#

Thanks so much for hosting again this week!

8. marcie January 29, 2014 @ 8:32 am (#

We never do much for Valentine’s Day, but I’ll make something fun to celebrate. Thank you for hosting, Karly, and have a fabulous week! :)

9. Shannon {Cozy Country Living} January 29, 2014 @ 9:10 am (#

Thanks so much for hosting Karly! Have a wonderful rest of the week:)

10. Graham @ Glazed & Confused January 29, 2014 @ 9:33 am (#

That red velvet heart is super cute! Hope you get to make it!
    Cheers.

11. Rina@Itheecook January 29, 2014 @ 9:37 am (#

Thank you so much for the feature Karly! Enjoy the rest of you week. :)

12. Lisa@ Cooking with Curls January 29, 2014 @ 10:18 am (#

Friday night, means lots of link parties to keep me occupied on Valentine’s Day! Thanks so much for the party Karly. Have a wonderful week! :)

13. Renee @Two in the Kitchen January 29, 2014 @ 1:40 pm (#

Thanks so much for the link party Karly! Stay warm!!!

14. Kari@SourdoughNative January 29, 2014 @ 1:57 pm (#

Hi Karly, thank you for the feature! Valentines Day probably means I’ll get a sweet card from my dear hubby and then I’ll end up making us a nice dinner, haha and that’s okay by me!!

15. cathy January 29, 2014 @ 3:57 pm (#

Thanks so much for hosting, I always enjoying partying here :-)
    Cathy

16. Kate January 29, 2014 @ 7:01 pm (#

Thanks so much for hosting and for the feature, Karly!! We’re not Valentine’s Day people, so we’ll probably be having pizza and a movie with the kids. Have a great week!

17. Cindy ~Hun... What's for Dinner? January 30, 2014 @ 9:34 am (#

Super features this week! Thanks so much for hosting :)

18. Krista @ Joyful Healthy Eats January 31, 2014 @ 7:18 pm (#

I know right! Before we know it is gonna be Christmas again… SLOW DOWN!!! My little man is growing up to fast when time is going by this fast. :(

Thanks for the party again Karly, I hope you have a great rest of the weekend!