Bourbon Pecan Pie Milkshake

bourbon pecan pie milkshake recipe

I have a really bad habit of over-complicating things.

I bet you do, too.

Let’s test it. (Don’t run! This test is easy and fun and I’ve made every single person I’ve come in contact with for the past week take the test!)

Let’s say that you need to make a pecan pie milkshake. What would you do?

bourbon pecan pie milkshake recipe

Now, most of you are probably doing what I did and over-complicating things. You’re imagining yourself adding pecans and ice cream and maybe something gooey like maple syrup or corn syrup to a blender. Maybe even tossing in some cookies or something for the crunch and flavor to replicate the pie crust.

You people fail the test. You make things harder than they really are! Which is exactly what I did until I had an epiphany. What should I add to my milkshake to make it taste like pecan pie? I should add pecan pie.

Oh. Em. Gee.

bourbon pecan pie milkshake recipe

You guys need to hop over to Stepable, where I plan to hang out at quite a bit in the future, to get the super simple step by step recipe for this outta this world good bourbon pecan pie milkshake.

As I said, I’ll be sharing lots of recipes over there, so feel free to subscribe to the newsletter and like them on Facebook! All kinds of delicious things coming your way!

17 Responses to “Bourbon Pecan Pie Milkshake”

1. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar November 21, 2013 @ 6:13 am (#

Holy heck!! This milkshake is a straight up dream!

2. Rachel Cooks November 21, 2013 @ 8:04 am (#

This looks phenomenal, Karly!

3. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen November 21, 2013 @ 10:34 am (#

Cool new gig! :)

4. Ruthy @ Omeletta November 21, 2013 @ 10:55 am (#

I think it’s second nature when developing a recipe to first make it complicated- which is why I actually laughed out loud when you said to just add pecan pie! I mean, duh! So silly how my first thought was of corn syrup :) Sometimes it’s those simple things that work the best!

5. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet November 21, 2013 @ 12:59 pm (#

This milkshake looks amazing Karly!

6. Stephanie @ Plain Chicken November 21, 2013 @ 4:03 pm (#

This looks amazing. I might like this better than the Peppermint Milkshake at Chick-fil-a!

7. Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl November 21, 2013 @ 4:14 pm (#

This looks like quite the dessert! Yum!

8. Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor November 21, 2013 @ 5:05 pm (#

Hold on, did you just say pecan pie milkshake?! I can only imagine how incredibly delicious this must be. I can’t wait to try it soon!

9. sally @ sallys Baking Addiction November 21, 2013 @ 7:43 pm (#

I am the queen of overcomplicating things. And oh my gosh. A milkshake with actual pecan pie in it!!!! Yes. :)

10. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust November 21, 2013 @ 8:10 pm (#

Pecan Pie. In a milkshake. YES!!

11. Joanne November 21, 2013 @ 8:57 pm (#

This post kind of just made my life. Now I know what is happening to all my leftover pie!

12. Belinda @themoonblushbaker November 22, 2013 @ 6:57 am (#

Yes more milkshakes! Even bozozy ones for a Friday feast!

I can not get over how easy and delicious this could be!

13. Trish - Mom On Timeout November 22, 2013 @ 6:46 pm (#

Yep. This is definitely a drink I could get behind. I’m loving all the flavors here!

14. Anna@CrunchyCreamySweet November 23, 2013 @ 12:28 pm (#

Oh my, this looks fabulous! Can’t say no to a milkshake with a boozy pie!

15. whiness November 23, 2013 @ 11:40 pm (#

Wow! It looks divine. I love the pecan-whipped cream combo.

16. Sarah & Arkadi November 26, 2013 @ 10:03 pm (#

Bourbon?! We’re in! Thanks for great recipe idea!

Karly Reply:

@Sarah & Arkadi,

Bourbon and pie and ice cream. Seriously can’t go wrong. ;)