Baked Scrambled Eggs

Baked Scrambled Eggs recipe

Can you guys even believe the nerve of my husband?

Every single Saturday morning he wakes up, he sits around in his pajamas until I wake up (hey, some of us like sleeping in, okay?), and then when I do finally emerge from my cocoon of blankets and as many pillows as can fit in my bed, he looks at me and asks what I’m making for breakfast.

Has the man forgotten who he is married to?

Baked Scrambled Eggs recipe

Breakfast is my least favorite meal to cook. I mean, cold cereal was on the menu yesterday. And the day before. And it’s on the menu for tomorrow. So, go ahead. Guess what I’m planning on cooking you for breakfast today, husband! Right. Cold cereal.

Ugh. Then he gives me his sad eyes and he tells me that he’ll just make himself some bacon and eggs. He heads to the kitchen and starts flinging bacon grease all over the place and burning eggs. It’s ridiculous.

So, every week, I cave. I end up making the eggs (and cleaning the bacon grease).

Lucky me, these baked scrambled eggs are, no joke, even better than traditional scrambled eggs!

Baked Scrambled Eggs recipe

You guys, I just adore these eggs. They are always so light and fluffy, moist, and perfect! Not to mention they are perfect for experimenting! Add in some diced ham and swiss cheese, stir in some diced bacon or sausage, add some sauteed onions and peppers! There are endless options for a big ol’ dish full of perfectly cooked eggs!

These are also great for when you’re feeding a crowd! You can easily double this recipe and there is practically no hands on time. A couple of stirs and you’ve got perfect eggs that you didn’t have to babysit. Plus you’ll leave your stove top free for pancakes and bacon!

Baked Scrambled Eggs recipe

Hop over to Craftsy where I shared the super simple recipe for these oven baked scrambled eggs!

32 Responses to “Baked Scrambled Eggs”

1. Madison August 26, 2013 @ 6:54 am (#

I cannot WAIT to give these a try. I feel like I always overcook my scrambled eggs…but not with this answer. Thank you so much!

2. Tieghan Gerard August 26, 2013 @ 7:18 am (#

Whoa! What an awesome idea! I cannot wait to try this!

3. Jen M O August 26, 2013 @ 8:37 am (#

We love eggs so I will be definitely trying this out.

4. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet August 26, 2013 @ 9:34 am (#

I seriously need to give these a try! I have a crowd in my house ALL the time!

5. sally @ sallys baking addiction August 26, 2013 @ 9:52 am (#

Who would’ve thought scrambled eggs could get even BETTER?

6. katie August 26, 2013 @ 10:00 am (#

ha ha girl it is exactly opposite in my house–I love cooking breakfast! I love the idea of this baked version! Perfect for entertaining. Heading on over now to get the recipe!

7. Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl August 26, 2013 @ 10:03 am (#

I have got to try this! I love scrambled eggs (with a little ketchup on top) but I never baked them.. thank you for the breakfast inspiration! :)

• Karly replied: — August 26th, 2013 @ 12:58 pm

I have to have a bit of ketchup on my eggs, too! :)

8. Tasha@thatssoyummy.com August 26, 2013 @ 10:28 am (#

Love this recipe… Will have to try this recipe soon, we love eggs in our house!

9. Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain August 26, 2013 @ 10:54 am (#

Mmmm…..these looks delicious! Great idea on baking the eggs!

10. Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig August 26, 2013 @ 11:32 am (#

Breakfast doesn’t kill me but I despise stopping in the middle of my day to make everyone lunch!!!

I love the idea of baking eggs though…must try it.

11. marcie@flavorthemoments August 26, 2013 @ 1:38 pm (#

I LOVE baked eggs! I actually love anything that can be baked ahead of time so I don’t have to scramble around in the AM and cook — short order style — for everyone. This dish looks just perfect…going to check out the recipe ASAP.

12. Holly August 26, 2013 @ 1:39 pm (#

Can this be made in a crockpot? It would be nice to have it ready to eat when the kids wake up in the morning for school.

• Karly replied: — August 29th, 2013 @ 9:17 am

I don’t think this would work in a crockpot, though I’ve never tried it.

• Brittany Shidler replied: — April 3rd, 2014 @ 6:42 am

@Karly,
        That would be an awesome idea but I don’t know if you can get away with it without overcooking. All you can do is try and have a back up plan if the crockpot fails lol good luck!

13. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar August 26, 2013 @ 2:18 pm (#

This exists?! AWESOME! I think my whole world turned upside down.

14. Joanne August 26, 2013 @ 8:49 pm (#

Sort of thankfully the.boy doesn’t really eat breakfast, but I sometimes make eggs for lunch. And scrambled are his favorite…totally trying these out!

15. Meghan @ The Tasty Fork August 27, 2013 @ 9:34 am (#

Breakfast is my least favorite meal, too… but it’s my husband’s favorite! I pinned this recipe to my Top of The Morning pinboard and will totally be making the next time Jim asks for a homemade breakfast. It’s so easy!!

16. Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper August 27, 2013 @ 9:49 am (#

I’ve never thought to do this but it sounds great! A real time saver.

17. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl August 27, 2013 @ 6:45 pm (#

Oh my gosh, I can’t WAIT to try this! Actually, my husband is generally the breakfast maker at my house (and by “maker” I mean as in MESS maker)…these are definitely going on the menu this weekend.

18. Rachel Cooks August 27, 2013 @ 8:34 pm (#

This is very intriguing! I definitely need to try it.

19. Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking August 28, 2013 @ 2:59 am (#

Wait! You just said baked! I’m very intrigued. Off to check out the recipe!

20. Jessie September 1, 2013 @ 10:50 pm (#

Hi Karly,

If I want to add veggies, when do I mix them in? Should it be at the start, or somewhere in the middle when the egg has started to cook? Also, I want to half the recipe, when should I mix it, at the 8 minute mark too? Thanks.

• Karly replied: — September 3rd, 2013 @ 9:00 am

Hi Jessie!

I would add the veggies in right at the start. They won’t have time to soften much in the oven, so if you want them softened up, saute them for a few minutes first! As for halving it, I’d probably stir around the 8 minute mark and just keep an eye on it towards the end! Nothing worse than over cooked eggs! :)

21. Jocelyn @ BruCrew Life September 3, 2013 @ 11:54 pm (#

Seriously, how do you come up with such fantastic ideas?! So making these next time I make eggs!!

• Karly replied: — September 4th, 2013 @ 9:54 am

Dooooo it! They’re the best!

22. superman t shirts October 17, 2013 @ 10:16 am (#

What an amazing web journal. I dedicate hours on-line reading blogging, about lots of various matters. I be required to initially give encourage to whichever company created ones own theme and second to one for authoring what we can only describe being a fabulous guide. I really believe you will find a skill to top writing articles that only not very many posses and even honestly you still have it. The combined of demonstrative and even upper-class subject matter is as a result of all the chances super rare considering the astronomic measure of blogs in the cyberspace.

23. Lisa December 9, 2013 @ 12:42 pm (#

There’s a bit of a joke in my family that I can’t make good scrambled eggs. I found this recipe this afternoon and went straight into the kitchen to make them. Hands down, the best scrambled eggs I’ve ever made. Thank you for rescuing me from the “Those Who Can’t Make Scrambled Eggs” category!

• Karly replied: — December 10th, 2013 @ 10:37 am

@Lisa,

Yay! Glad these turned out for you! :)

24. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious January 28, 2014 @ 10:52 am (#

Too funny – the bacon grease clean-up is the worst! But I’ll have to deal with it this weekend when I make these glorious scrambled eggs!

25. Crystle October 4, 2014 @ 12:07 am (#

This design is spectacular! You certainly know how to keep a reader amused.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well,
    almost…HaHa!) Excellent job. I really loved what you had
    to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
    Too cool!

26. Margaret October 17, 2014 @ 11:36 am (#

There are only two of us I can make it on Sunday and then have it all week to work. Thank’s
    The Harpster’s