What’s Cookin’ Wednesday #28

Y’all, my son is away at camp for the week. He’s staying in a college dorm. All alone. Without his mommy. This means that I need to eat all the things in an attempt to soothe myself. It’s not working, but I’m going to keep trying anyway.
Kit Kat Peanut Butter Pie7

The words! They are failing me! This Kit Kat Peanut Butter Pie from What’s Cooking Love leaves me speechless.

Screen-Shot-2013-06-20-at-8.40.21-AM

Am I the only freak who is obsessed with teriyaki chicken this summer? This Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken from Spend with Pennies looks amazing!

wholewheatrolls-11

I’m all about the carbs lately and these Whole Wheat No-Knead Make Ahead Dinner Rolls with Honey Butter from Averie Cooks would do the trick nicely.

IMG_6269edsq-2

What the what? Thai Ice Cream Sandwiches from Baking a Moment are a fun summer treat!

BLT-Chicken-Braid-2

Not even kidding, BLT’s are my life. This BLT Chicken Braid from Inside Bru Crew Life just took the BLT over the top.

IMG_0211

I have 2 pints of blueberries just sitting in the fridge. They’re totally asking to be turned into these Blueberry Crumb Bars from Runs on Sundae.

moundspokecake1

You know who likes poke cake? Everyone. This Mounds Poke Cake from Table for Seven is no exception!

29 Responses to “What’s Cookin’ Wednesday #28”

1. Tanya Schroeder July 17, 2013 @ 6:05 am (#

Thanks for the party Karly!

2. Kirsten@FarmFreshFeasts July 17, 2013 @ 6:24 am (#

Karly,
    In my head, I was seeing Hyperbole and a Half (Clean All The Things!) and I like how you’ve modified it to Eat All The Things!. Well done. My kids will not be gone from me to camp overnight this summer, so I still get the joys of having to feed them when I’d rather be writing . . . however your son will come back having gained confidence and you’ll both be better for it.

I have some lovely foods to eat, if you want to Eat All The Things, that you can eat in between the goodies. A fast, fresh tomato sauce–except for time for the flavors to blend while you take the kids to the dentist, it’s ready in no time and doesn’t involve anything more than a knife and a bowl. Probably a cutting board too, unless you’re a ninja.
    It’s too hot for me to turn on my oven*, but if it weren’t, I’d make my Nutella Zucchini muffins-wonderful texture, almost cake like, though I made them so you know they contain less sugar and more whole wheat flour than the average bear. I mean muffin.
    *Except on Friday nights, where the family would revolt if I didn’t make a pizza or three. Today I’m sharing a zucchini, corn, leek and pesto pizza on a mystery crust. (Seriously, no clue what kind of crust I used.)

Thanks for hosting! I hope the week without your son goes quick.

3. Raven July 17, 2013 @ 6:48 am (#

Thank you for hosting such a great link party!

Raven J. True Blue Baking

4. Tieghan July 17, 2013 @ 7:04 am (#

Thanks for hosting! Hope your are having a great week, Karly!

5. Lyuba@willcookforsmiles July 17, 2013 @ 7:10 am (#

Thank you for the party, Karly! Have a nice week!

6. Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik July 17, 2013 @ 7:35 am (#

Hopefully you can relax a bit while your son is away (I’m going to be a terrible, over worried mother…I can see it already)!
    All of these featured recipes look over-the-top amazing. Mounds poke cake?! Breakfast? And that BLT braid? Jocelyn can make me lunch any day!

7. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen July 17, 2013 @ 7:50 am (#

Ooh some more fun things to pin and dream about making!

8. Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig July 17, 2013 @ 7:52 am (#

That pie…oh my lawd!

9. Gina July 17, 2013 @ 7:52 am (#

Oh my heavens- those features. Killin’ me!

10. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction July 17, 2013 @ 7:59 am (#

Thanks for the party! Hope your week is going well!

11. Erin @ Table for 7 July 17, 2013 @ 8:05 am (#

Thank you for the great party and the feature (yay!) Karly!

12. Jocelyn@ BruCrew Life July 17, 2013 @ 8:11 am (#

My kids are gone this week too…the quiet is nice, but I miss them! We should eat lots of peanut butter pie and poke cake until our kids get back! Thank you so much for the party and for sharing my BLT braid :-)

13. Kim July 17, 2013 @ 8:56 am (#

Thanks so much for hosting! The feature look fabulous as usual!

14. marcie@flavorthemoments July 17, 2013 @ 9:44 am (#

All those features….YUM! Thank you for hosting this shindig!

15. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking July 17, 2013 @ 10:11 am (#

Kit Kat. Pie? Oh god. My hubby would lose it.

16. Laura @ The Salty Kitchen July 17, 2013 @ 10:43 am (#

Thanks so much for the party!!

17. Lori @Lori's Culinary Creations July 17, 2013 @ 11:19 am (#

Thanks for the party Karly!

18. Nisa Homey July 17, 2013 @ 11:53 am (#

19. Demetria @ Mom Zest July 17, 2013 @ 2:18 pm (#

Oh my word-those no-bake ice cream sandwhiches look heavenly!

20. Kammie @ Sensual Appeal July 17, 2013 @ 2:52 pm (#

Thanks for hosting the party! I’m sharing my Chocolate Red Wine Cupcakes – which are the BEST cupcakes I’ve ever made. Much recommended!

21. Kim @ Soliloquy Of Food & Such July 17, 2013 @ 3:02 pm (#

I had my eye on that Kit-Kat pie too! Thanks for the party, Karly. Have a great week, it’ll be over before you know it :)

22. Rachel July 17, 2013 @ 5:24 pm (#

Thanks so much for the feature this week Karly! That kit-kat pie looks amazing. It looks like you have an arsenal of ideas to keep you busy while your son’s away! Enjoy the rest of your week!

23. Amanda July 17, 2013 @ 6:25 pm (#

Thank you for hosting this!

24. NancyP.@thebittersideofsweet July 17, 2013 @ 6:36 pm (#

Thanks so much for hosting!

25. Thanks for hosting Karly!!!

26. lisa@cookingwithcurls July 17, 2013 @ 8:55 pm (#

Thanks so much for hosting Karly :) Have a great week, yes that is possible even though your son is gone!

27. Lisa @hooplapalooza July 17, 2013 @ 10:07 pm (#

thanks so much for the party! it always makes me really hungry! heehee

28. Allie | Baking A Moment July 18, 2013 @ 8:18 am (#

Not the same thing, but my boys (6 & 4) are at day camp. First time in an all-day program! It’s a little lonely but I’m keeping busy with house projects. I think it helps! Stay busy and your boy will be home annoying the heck outta ya in no time, lol! Thanks for the feature, Karly!

29. Nessa July 21, 2013 @ 4:23 pm (#