What’s Cookin’ Wednesday #21

I’m back. Vacation, apparently, is over. Real life is sucking the joy out of everything, but here I am, persevering.

Let’s look at delicious food to cheer us up, shall we?
strawberrycoffeecake-25

This Strawberries and Cream Coffee Cake with Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze from Averie Cooks makes me oh so happy.

sesamechickenhoneyteriyakibbq

Oh, hello, Sesame Chicken Nuggets with Honey Teriyaki BBQ Sauce.  I want to bathe in that sauce.

Berry_Coconut_Red_White_and_Blue_Popsicles07

Aaaand, these Berry Coconut Red, White, and Blue Popsicles from Sensationally Seasonal are the proof that’s it’s officially summer.

chipotle-pulled-pork-recipe-2

I’ve been on a pulled pork kick and I’m loving this Chipotle Pulled Pork from Frugal Ferret.

strawberryshortcake3

Strawberry season makes my world go ’round. So does this Strawberry Shortcake from Annie’s Noms.

BananaBars

What’s that? Brown butter? Count me in on these Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Glaze from Tastes Better From Scratch.

Turkey-Tostadas

I just recently discovered tostadas and I’m doing everything possible to make up for lost time. These Turkey Tostadas with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce from Lemons for Lulu are my new obsession.

23 Responses to “What’s Cookin’ Wednesday #21”

1. Tieghan May 29, 2013 @ 6:10 am (#

Thank you so much for hosting another great party! I love your features this week and I am so glad you had a great Vacay!

2. Erin @ Table for 7 May 29, 2013 @ 6:34 am (#

Thanks for the great party and the feature Karly! Welcome back :)

3. Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) May 29, 2013 @ 6:37 am (#

Wow everything looks absolutely delish!

4. Averie @ Averie Cooks May 29, 2013 @ 6:37 am (#

Thanks for featuring my Strawberries and Cream Coffee Cake right at the top of your post! I appreciate it :) I wish I could give you a slice of that coffee cake. It’s the best I’ve ever made!

Thanks for hosting the party!

5. Belinda @themoonblushbaker May 29, 2013 @ 6:47 am (#

I love the look of that strawberry cake. Thanks for hosting

6. Tanya Schroeder May 29, 2013 @ 7:05 am (#

Welcome back Karly! The worst part about vacation is the “after vacation”. Yuck! Thanks for hosting this week and thank you for featuring my turkey tostadas too!

7. Kirsten@FarmFreshFeasts May 29, 2013 @ 7:14 am (#

Snap back to reality indeed, Karly. Carry on! (I’ll stop quoting the lyrics now, as Moves Like Jagger just came onto my Peppy Cleaning Music Playlist and I don’t really know you well enough to quote that one)
    I’m linking up an amazing side dish, the Little Black Dress of potato salads. This Creme Fraiche Roasted Potato Salad uses my put up roasted garlic and my awesome sister-in-law’s “sauce” tossed with roasted potatoes. It’s great at a formal dinner on china alongside a steak, or at a casual picnic on a paper plate alongside a burger or brat. You could even make it on the road, on a grill, if you are a better griller than I am.
    I’m also linking up 2 pizzas I made using the roasted garlic and herb pizza dough I shared last week. The first is a StrangeButGood hummus ‘sauce’ topped with chicken, blueberries, red onion and goat cheese. The second is a vegetarian pepper and Peppadew pizza. Fight over which one is better. I’ll eat some anchovy pizza over here . . .
    Last, because 15 years ago today I became a mom, I’m sharing Coconut Sunflower Chocolate Chip Cookies. No, they are not my son’s favorite–in fact I’ve got SmittenKitchen’s brownies in the oven now so I can make him a mint chocolate chip and brownie ice cream cake for tonight. But I don’t blog about desserts usually, more about how I feed my family from the CSA farm share, so these cookies are my ‘birthday’ post to him.

Thanks for hosting!

8. Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik May 29, 2013 @ 7:25 am (#

Your features look amazing – I’m drooling over those sesame chicken bites! Thanks for hosting :)

9. Gina May 29, 2013 @ 7:50 am (#

WOW- those features look AMAZING. I’m so hungry now.

10. sally @ sallys baking addiction May 29, 2013 @ 8:02 am (#

Hi Karly!! Thanks so much for hosting this week. I am going on vacation tomorrow (a short weekend trip!) but am already NOT looking forward to all the work waiting for me when I get back next week!

11. Thanks for featuring my Popsicles Karly! Hope your vacation was fab! Your pics on fb make it look like you were having a blast- minus the whole expensive face painting thing!!

12. lisa@cookingwithcurls May 29, 2013 @ 8:27 am (#

Welcome back Karly :) Thanks so much for hosting. I’m sure looking at all of this yummy food will make you happy! Have an awesome week, Lisa

13. Lisa@hooplapalooza May 29, 2013 @ 12:15 pm (#

thank you so much for hosting another party! :-)

14. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet May 29, 2013 @ 12:23 pm (#

Thanks so much for hosting!

15. marcie@flavorthemoments May 29, 2013 @ 12:26 pm (#

Getting back from vacation is hard! I just did, too. Haven’t even gotten to my house cleaning yet. Thank you for hosting this wonderful party. I always look forward to seeing all the great dishes!

16. Kim @ Soliloquy Of Food & Such May 29, 2013 @ 1:31 pm (#

The first few days are always a harsh slap back to reality :)
    Thanks for hosting!!

17. Kendra May 29, 2013 @ 2:02 pm (#

Karly, thank you for hosting! I am your newest follower!

18. Everything looks amazing, Karly! Stop being such a temptress of tastiness, will you?!

19. Julia May 29, 2013 @ 2:51 pm (#

Welcome back from your vacation! Wow, what a ton of gorgeous food! That would cheer anybody up, looking at it! Unless your stomach starts growling like mine…. ;) This week we shared our Cool & Creamy Coleslaw and where to get the Best Prices for Herbs and Spices! :)

20. Linda May 29, 2013 @ 3:07 pm (#

I know what you mean about vacation being over. Real life is REAL!! Thanks for another great party.

I brought over some Steak Quesadillas. Enjoy.

Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda
    Tumbleweed Contessa

21. nessa May 29, 2013 @ 3:24 pm (#

It was a bad idea to read this on an empty stomach. While writing the shopping list. And prepping dinner. Sigh…

22. Dru Falco May 29, 2013 @ 8:27 pm (#

Thank you for the party! :)

23. Kristi June 2, 2013 @ 5:09 am (#

Looking at all these recipes I am now hungry and need to go make breakfast.