What’s Cookin’ Wednesday #6

My husband brought pestilence and disease and all other manner of nastiness into my home yesterday. He just walked in, home from work in the middle of the day, all whiny and demanded a puke bucket. I’m sorry, husband, but no. You take your disease ridden self and you get out.

Ugh.

I predict that I’ll be bed-ridden in about 24 hours.

Oh, yeah. I guess I should say something along the lines of “The poor dear. Hope he feels better soon!” instead of being all selfish, but seriously. It’s every man for himself up in here.

Let’s move on to the features from last week!

Whats Cookin Wednesday #6 recipe

Melanie took my gooey butter cookies and completely ruined them. I mean, ugh. Can you even stand this? Gooey Butter Brownie Cookies. Those should be illegal. (And, okay, maybe I’m just a little angry that I didn’t think of it first. I’m totally making these, like, immediately.)

Whats Cookin Wednesday #6 recipe

I know how you guys feel about dip. Pretty much the same way I feel about dip, and that is this: Let’s dip all of the things in every dip imaginable. I thought you might appreciate it if I shared this three ingredient Snickers Dip. I’m going to stick my face in that bowl now.

Whats Cookin Wednesday #6 recipe

I love chicken strips. I love almonds. I love these Almond Crusted Chicken Strips and I want them for dinner tonight.

Whats Cookin Wednesday #6 recipe

Have you guys noticed that I have a thing for breakfast? Well. Ooey Gooey Banana Pecan Sticky Buns. Need I say more?

Whats Cookin Wednesday #6 recipe

I love pudding cookies and these Banana Pudding Cookies with White Chocolate Chips are a fun twist!

25 Responses to “What’s Cookin’ Wednesday #6”

1. Melanie February 13, 2013 @ 6:26 am (#

Thanks so much for featuring my brownie cookies!
    Have a great rest of your week! Hopefully the sick bug doesn’t reach you!

2. Aimee @ ShugarySweets February 13, 2013 @ 6:42 am (#

Ew. I sure hope he keeps his germs to himself. And that he feels better soon! Thanks for hosting Karly!

3. Tanya Schroeder February 13, 2013 @ 7:09 am (#

Karly, I hope you stay healthy and that your husband feels better! Thanks for hosting!

4. Thanks for hosting! Excited to be linking up with you for the first time :)
    Hope your hubby feels much better soon & that you stay well!!

Brenda
    ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

5. Kate February 13, 2013 @ 7:38 am (#

Thanks so much for featuring my banana-pecan sticky buns! We had that yuck go through our house recently, and 24 hours is about right. Good luck!!

6. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction February 13, 2013 @ 7:40 am (#

Thanks for another party, Karly! Hope you stay healthy!

7. Shauna {The Best Blog Recipes} February 13, 2013 @ 7:43 am (#

Oh no… that sinks your hubby is sick. Crossing my fingers you don’t get it too.

And THANK YOU for featuring my Banana Pudding Cookies! It was so awesome to come over this morning and see them featured :)

Thanks for hosting this awesome party again this week!

8. Niki Shepherd February 13, 2013 @ 8:46 am (#

Thank you for hosting another great What’s Cookin’ Wednesday Karly!! You rock! :)

9. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet February 13, 2013 @ 8:55 am (#

Happy Wednesday, sorry about the sickness!

10. Cindy {crazylou} February 13, 2013 @ 9:12 am (#

Hope you guys get to feelin’ better! Thanks for hosting! I linked up a few of my recent sweet treats! Enjoy!
    Cindy

11. Lisa@hooplapalooza February 13, 2013 @ 9:14 am (#

how to avoid getting sick? lock yourself in a room with a batch of those sticky banana buns and all will be fine :) heehee thanks for the party!

12. Trish - Mom On Timeout February 13, 2013 @ 9:51 am (#

Thanks so much for the feature Karly! We are sick right now too so I know how you’re feeling :( Hope you feel better soon and are able to enjoy Valentine’s Day!

13. Karyn - Pint Sized Baker February 13, 2013 @ 9:51 am (#

Hope you don’t get sick. It sucks! (as you know)
    Thanks for the party. Stay Healthy!

14. kirsten@FarmFreshFeasts February 13, 2013 @ 11:34 am (#

Karly,
    I hope you don’t get the crud, but if you do, I sure hope someone give you some TLC.

I’m linking up a treat for the mushroom lovers. In my house that’s my spouse and me, and we can eat this dip on good bread, with a glass of wine, and feel like we’re on a romantic date even if the kids are within arms reach. And muzzled. Arms reach and muzzled. Or maybe just busy digging into their own scrumptious food (I should have made those sticky buns) and paying no attention to us.

Thanks for hosting the party!

15. Liz February 13, 2013 @ 12:08 pm (#

Thanks for hosting Karly! I hope you don’t get your husband’s sick germs! Yuck!

16. Megan February 13, 2013 @ 12:49 pm (#

Thanks for featuring my Snickers Dip. I essentially did stick my face in that bowl and gained 10 lbs. I’m completely fine with it b/c it was AWESOMENESS! :)

Thanks again and I hope you escape the crud!

xoxo,
    Megan :)

17. Linda@With A Blast February 13, 2013 @ 2:08 pm (#

Thanks for hosting, Karly! {Really hope you do not get the bug as well} :-)

18. Winnie February 13, 2013 @ 2:28 pm (#

I wish you and your family to feel better soon!

19. Christi February 13, 2013 @ 4:36 pm (#

Thanks for hosting a fun party!

20. Joanne February 13, 2013 @ 5:26 pm (#

Every day when my boyfriend gets home from work I quiz him on how he’s feeling because there is NO WAY he is staying in my apartment if he’s sick. He is NOT infecting my life. Seriously.

21. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life February 13, 2013 @ 7:45 pm (#

Stay as far away from the germs as you can!!! Hope he feels better very quickly! Thanks for hosting the great party!

22. Heather @French Press February 13, 2013 @ 10:23 pm (#

sick husbands are the worst – I’ll take sick kids any day
    hope the rest of you stay healthy

23. Traci February 14, 2013 @ 8:08 am (#

Thanks so much for hosting! I’m new and linked up one of my fave recipes and I promise next time to add your button :)

Healing thoughts to you & yours!

24. Jess February 14, 2013 @ 10:30 pm (#

Thanks for hosting!! :)

25. Hollie February 16, 2013 @ 9:57 am (#

Thank you so much for hosting!