Brown Sugar Glazed Banana Donuts

Brown Sugar Glazed Banana Donuts recipe

You guys.

I think brown sugar should be it’s own food group. I mean, I’m pretty sure that I could make 3-4 servings of brown sugar happen each day. It wouldn’t be a problem.

The little chunks that you find in the bag and pop in your mouth when no one is looking? Heaven.

The way cookies get all moist and chewy when you use lots of brown sugar? Bliss.

The way this brown sugar glaze is sticky and gooey and unadulterated goodness? Ecstasy.

Click over to Rachel Cook’s to read my guest post and get the recipe for these Brown Sugar Glazed Banana Donuts!

12 Responses to “Brown Sugar Glazed Banana Donuts”

1. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar February 11, 2013 @ 8:11 am (#

Holy sweet goodness. These look insane!!

2. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) February 11, 2013 @ 8:56 am (#

I agree. Brown sugar=1 of the best things ever!

3. Belinda @themoonblushbaker February 11, 2013 @ 9:27 am (#

Brown sugar glaze? This HAS to be my new addiction. Time to put my new donut pan to use

4. Meghan @ The Tasty Fork February 11, 2013 @ 9:27 am (#

Ok, so can I ask you a question?? How are baked donuts? I’ve never tried them nor have I bought a donut pan yet…. I mean, do they taste as good as fried donuts?? I’m all about a “healthier” option if they taste good!!

• Karly replied: — February 11th, 2013 @ 10:04 am

Well, I would compare baked donuts to baked french fries. I mean, no. It’s not the same thing, but it’s still good, right? Fried donuts will always be my favorite, but baked cake donuts are a much easier and healthier option. They’re quite like a muffin, but in a fun shape and with more glaze. ;)

If you wanted to try baked donuts before investing in a pan, just bake them in a mini muffin or regular muffin tin. Watch the bake time and adjust accordingly.

5. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking February 11, 2013 @ 1:12 pm (#

Whoa now – these donuts look amazing, Karly! Going to check out your guest post now.

6. kirsten@FarmFreshFeasts February 11, 2013 @ 1:40 pm (#

I love brown sugar, too. When I was a kid and we were wanting dessert but didn’t have much dessert-wise in the cupboard, my mom would slice up bananas in a bowl, sprinkle a generous amount of brown sugar over top, and pour milk on that.
    I still love that as a ‘there’s no dessert’ dessert.
    Off to check out your donuts!

7. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust February 11, 2013 @ 7:37 pm (#

I am in loooove with brown sugar. I’d use it exclusively if I could!

8. sally @ sallys Baking Addiction February 11, 2013 @ 7:42 pm (#

I want about 5 of these right now and I’m not even exagerrating. I looooooove. LOVE LOVE LOVE brown sugar. Everything about it. Karly you honestly have the BEST donut recipes ever. I need to make donuts again soon! It’s been months! Lord knwos where my donut pan even is these days!

9. Joanne February 11, 2013 @ 7:53 pm (#

OMG I’m so glad I’m not the only one who does that with the chunks! Off to go check out the recipe!

10. Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings February 12, 2013 @ 11:39 am (#

wow– that’s all i can say. WOW!

11. Niki Shepherd February 13, 2013 @ 8:10 pm (#

I agree, brown sugar should TOTALLY be a food group of it’s own Karly! With that said, these donuts would be awesome on a Saturday morning, or Sunday, heck any day of the week really! They sound super yummy! lol :)