What’s Cookin’ Wednesday #2

Helloooooo, party people!

May I go all mushy for a moment and thank you all from the very bottom of my squishy little heart for linkin’ up last week? You have no idea how frightened I was to start up this little weekly love fest! What if no one linked up? It’d be worse than being picked last for dodge ball, you guys.

I am so very happy to say that I was not picked last. Y’all stepped up and made the very first What’s Cookin’ Wednesday something pretty darn spectacular! I’m so impressed looking at all of the goodies you’ve have been cooking up! Clicking around to your blogs has been a blast. I wasn’t able to comment on every single link, and I apologize if I missed you, but I did do my best to click through and check everyone out.

Now, on to the weekly features and then another linky!

Lady-Behind-The-Curtain-Granola-Garbage-Sticks-2

I thought we’d start with the most clicked recipe of the week! Lady Behind the Curtain shared her Granola Garbage Sticks and they were a HIT! I can just picture my kids’ faces if I offered them something called a garbage stick. They’d be horrified and intrigued all at the same time. Pretty sure they’d gobble them right up.

snackadium-title-2-words

And, hello, apparently there is a big game this weekend? I don’t know. I just hear that I should stock up on chips and dip for the husband. Wouldn’t he, like, DIE if I made this cake batter dip snackadium from Crazy for Crust. He totally would.

wIMG_2122c

Um, Strawberries and Cream Bundt Cake? Yes. Just yes. Thank you, Chocolate, Chocolate, & More. I will now be craving this gorgeous bundt cake all day.

pretzel bites

Speaking of football, while the boy is distracted watching I could probably make these pretzel bites with cheese sauce from Mostly Food and Crafts and eat them all myself. You didn’t think I was going to share them with him as a game day snack, did you?

IMG_1807

Sooooooo, yes. I do like to pretend I’m five years old and eat chicken nuggets all day long. Don’t judge me. These copycat Chik-fil-a nuggets from Mandy’s Recipe Box are just gorgeous and I love how perfectly golden they are!

Alright, party people! Time to link up what you’ve been cooking this week! I can’t wait to see all of your creations. Please take a minute to click around and visit the others, pin what you see, and leave some love!

23 Responses to “What’s Cookin’ Wednesday #2”

1. Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings January 16, 2013 @ 9:08 am (#

That strawberries and cream bundt cake has my name all over it!!!

2. Alyssa January 16, 2013 @ 9:15 am (#

Those features look great! Thanks for hosting the party and I hope you are having a good week!

3. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life January 16, 2013 @ 9:24 am (#

I am still drooling over Joan’s strawberry cake!!! Love it! Your party is fabulous just like you!!! Thanks for hosting the fun!!!

4. Karyn - Pint Sized Baker January 16, 2013 @ 9:57 am (#

Woo Hoo! Congrats on the success of the party! Isn’t it exciting?
    I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

5. Trish - Mom On Timeout January 16, 2013 @ 10:14 am (#

So glad to be back here partying this week! Thanks for hosting!

6. Sheryl January 16, 2013 @ 10:31 am (#

Hi Karly, Thanks for hosting such a great party and for featuring my YUMMY Granola Garbage Sticks! Have a fabulous week! ~Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain~

7. Liz January 16, 2013 @ 11:11 am (#

Thanks for hosting Karly! Have a fantastic rest of the week :)

8. Tanya Schroeder January 16, 2013 @ 11:11 am (#

Thanks for hosting Karly! Hope its a great week!

9. melissa {persnickety plates} January 16, 2013 @ 11:22 am (#

Great features! I just pinned a few =)

10. Lisa @hoopla palooza January 16, 2013 @ 11:38 am (#

you’re funny! i love to read your posts, it’s quite entertaining plus you get a deeelicious recipe so it’s a win win. it’s no surprise you have a successful link party! thanks so much :)

11. Aimee @ ShugarySweets January 16, 2013 @ 12:04 pm (#

Hey girl, you’re so cool why wouldn’t we link up? Thanks for hosting and sharing some great features~

12. Becca from It's Yummilicious January 16, 2013 @ 1:11 pm (#

Thanks for the linky-dink and the OH SO yummilicious treats!
    I can’t wait to go linky hopping :)

13. Denise January 16, 2013 @ 2:23 pm (#

Hi! Karly, New follower here. So happy to have found you. Thanks for the great party! Lots of great recipes here. I posted a Pork Noodle Salad and Moussaka Soup. Have a great day!

14. Katherine R. January 16, 2013 @ 2:30 pm (#

Can I thank you from the very bottom of my squishy little heart for hosting these link parties?! Cause I am. They are too fun!

15. Happier Than A Pig in Mud January 16, 2013 @ 5:47 pm (#

I’ll just have a plateful of a little of each of the goodies you featured-thanks:@)

16. Mandy @ Mandy's Recipe Box January 16, 2013 @ 5:53 pm (#

Amazing features! And thanks for my feature! I’ll be back each week :)

17. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl January 16, 2013 @ 7:14 pm (#

Hi Karly! Great features, and thanks so much for hosting! Hope you have a great week!

18. Kirsten@FarmFreshFeasts January 16, 2013 @ 7:20 pm (#

Oh, Karly, the goodies you have on this link up!
    The sweets, the treats, the snacks . . . I spend too much time in Real Food Land . . . I’m giddy looking at all this yumminess!

I’ve linked up a Butternut Squash Waffle for you this week, since I’ve still got fresh CSA farm share vegetables in my Strategic Winter Squash Reserve.

Thanks!

19. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust January 16, 2013 @ 8:17 pm (#

Thank you SO much for the feature Karly!!!! :):) And the party, even though I’m late. ;)

20. jules January 17, 2013 @ 9:31 am (#

Holy crud, Batman…there’s some great looking stuff here. i love the Wednesday Pot Luck Explosion. i’ve always loved your blog and i will certainly try to join the gang.

21. Stacey @ Real Housemoms January 17, 2013 @ 11:19 am (#

Thanks for hosting another great party!

22. Joan@Chocolateandmore January 17, 2013 @ 12:41 pm (#

Oh my gosh, I almost missed the party. Yesterday was one of those days. Thanks so much for the feature! Now off to check out some of the yummy links.

23. Karen Cochran January 22, 2013 @ 8:19 am (#

We’re sending them to the food bloggers who inspire us. They diligently type out their recipes, try and test them, photograph the living daylights out of them and then pour their heart and soul into posts, week after week- they keep us reaching for pots and pans and old spatulas and yank us out of our ruts. We wouldn’t be here without them. We heart them. Yes, we do.