The Top 10 Most Pinned Recipes of 2012

The Top 10 Most Pinned Recipes of 2012 recipeThe Top 10 Most Pinned Recipes of 2012 recipe

Since Pinterest has more or less exploded into this ridiculously popular world of glitter, hot glue guns, pretty puppies, funny memes, and delicious food I thought it would be fun to do a little roundup of my most pinned recipes. Recaps are fun, you guys. Also, fun? Anything and everything that has to do with Pinterest. I’m ADDICTED. Follow me, if you want to get addicted with me!

Before I share my most popular recipes, I wanted to take a minute to thank y’all for each recipe of mine you pin. It means the world to me when you love something enough to pin it and it helps this blog continue to grow. I appreciate it. Free cookies and rainbows to you all!

Now, onto the good stuff.

My number one most pinned recipe is the Cheesy Zucchini rice. I was a little surprised by this one. I mean, yes, this is one of my favorite recipes, but I was sure something sweet, sticky, and gooey would be in the number one spot. Y’all are healthier than I imagined.

The number two spot goes to this Ranch Cheddar Chicken. You really want to try this, because it will easily be the most moist baked chicken you’ve ever had. The flavor really pops, too!

These brownies took the number one spot as the most viewed recipe of 2011 and came in at the number two most viewed and number three most pinned recipe of 2012! They deserve all the fame and glory too, because my word. Just look how fudgy, dense, and full of chocolate they are. I’ve said before that I don’t repeat a lot of recipes around my house, but these brownies get made anytime I’m not in the experimenting mood or just need a good chocolate fix.

This Hot Bacon Cheese Dip is one that the family requests quite a bit. You’ll love that it’s baked in a bread bowl! If you haven’t started thinking about the Superbowl, you’ll want to. And you’ll want to add this dip to your list of recipes to make!

Ooh, two dips in the top five! Y’all seem to love a good dip just as much as I do!  This pickle dip is beyond easy and ehrmagerd. It’s outrageously good. It’s another repeat around my house. I like to make this for TV marathons while I’m cuddled up in my jammies all alone in the living room so no one can judge me and I can pretend calories don’t exist.

My, my, my. Y’all like your snacks and dips, don’t you? I love this Peanut Butter Cheeseball, because it’s sweet instead of savory! Plus, this one has a bit of that chocolate and peanut butter combination going on, which is always a winner!

Corn and Chicken Chowder is one of my family’s favorite winter meals. It’s so filling, warm, and comforting.

I looooooove the fact that this recipe was just posted last month and it’s already made it to the top ten most pinned! It shows how truly magical, gooey, and just plain perfect these Chocolate Chip Gooey Butter Cookies. We all love a new twist on a classic, right?

And, thank you Cheesus, we have a Mexican-ish recipe in the top ten. Whew. I was getting worried. Mexican is my all time favorite food group, so it makes me proud to see this Chicken Tamale Casserole in this list. Also: nom nom. I love this stuff.

And the number ten spot goes to these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars. I was gettin’ worried again. I expected more desserts in this list.

I hope y’all have a fabulous New Year’s Eve. Stay safe and have fun!

In the meantime, I’ll be making some big plans for Buns In My Oven in 2013. In fact, there are some rumors going around that tomorrow is going to be pretty awesome here on Buns In My Oven. If you had an iPad on your Christmas list and Santa failed to deliver, I just might have a little giveaway happening that you’d be interested in.

Any special requests for recipes in 2013? If there is a recipe you’d like me to share, I’d love for you to leave me a comment letting me know!

24 Responses to “The Top 10 Most Pinned Recipes of 2012”

1. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) December 31, 2012 @ 7:57 am (#

I love this round up! You have so many delicious recipes, and I can’t wait to see what 2013 brings!

2. Lesa @Edesia's Notebook December 31, 2012 @ 8:10 am (#

Great posts! Can I ask how you find out your most pinned recipes? I have often wondered about that.

• Karly replied: — December 31st, 2012 @ 9:01 am

I used a pinterest dashboard for analytics. You can find it here: http://goo.gl/Dz4KQ

It doesn’t actually track the number of pins/repins, but it shows the most viewed pages coming from Pinterst, so I assumed those were the most repinned. ;)

3. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen December 31, 2012 @ 8:25 am (#

I pinned the chowdah :) I remember it like it was yesterday lol I want to dive in that bowl.

• Karly replied: — December 31st, 2012 @ 9:01 am

Haha! Thanks for the pin!

4. Cowgaljazzy December 31, 2012 @ 9:07 am (#

Happy New Year, repinning your recipes.

5. Elizabeth Ann December 31, 2012 @ 9:10 am (#

Corn and chicken chowder?? Yes please! :-)

6. Chelsea@Chelsea Is Dishing Up December 31, 2012 @ 10:15 am (#

OMG, I think you just planned my super bowl menu. I’ll make your top ten to feed my peeps!

Love that you make my life so delicious and easy.

What do you serve your peanut butter ball with?

• Karly replied: — December 31st, 2012 @ 10:20 am

That’s going to be one delicious Superbowl party! :)

I serve the peanut ball with graham sticks. Not sure if you have a Kroger around you, but I use their store brand. Otherwise, they’re kind of hard to find. You could also use teddy grahams, apple slices, animal crackers, or chocolate wafer cookies!

7. danielle December 31, 2012 @ 10:19 am (#

That chicken tamale casserole sounds great! I have my top posts up too – stop by and see if you have time.

• Karly replied: — December 31st, 2012 @ 10:21 am

On my way! :)

8. Averie @ Averie Cooks December 31, 2012 @ 11:57 am (#

Karly those brownies between the recipe and that particular photo – they are destined to be a huge hit. Ahhhh, I want to sink my teeth into a big stack of those babies. Happy 2013!

9. Joanne December 31, 2012 @ 1:08 pm (#

It always amuses me to see what is most popular because it’s generally never something that I would have predicted. :) Though I do need to make that zucchini rice. Happy new year chica!

10. megan @ whatmegansmaking December 31, 2012 @ 1:09 pm (#

I’d say there’s a reason these are the most pinned – they look incredible!! How fun to know which recipes are most pinned – I’ll have to look into that :)

11. Stephanie @ Macaroni and Cheesecake December 31, 2012 @ 2:55 pm (#

Love your blog! Everything looks fabulous, And those gooey butter cookies look to die for!

12. JulieD December 31, 2012 @ 6:01 pm (#

Congrats on a great year, Karly!!! Happy 2013 to you!!

13. Shiloh Barkley January 1, 2013 @ 10:14 am (#

Thanks so much. This was my favorite top 10 I’ve read!

14. Shiloh Barkley January 1, 2013 @ 10:18 am (#

Gave you a Facebook shout out!

15. Glory/ Glorious Treats January 1, 2013 @ 12:50 pm (#

Oh what a delicious year you’ve had! I see a few I’ve pinned (including that Chicken Tamale Cassorole… boy that looks good, I really need to make that soon!). I can’t wait to see what gorgeous things you come up with this new year!

16. Elizabeth @Food Ramblings January 1, 2013 @ 6:26 pm (#

Yum- I’ve pinned a bunch of these!

17. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust January 1, 2013 @ 7:32 pm (#

Is it SO wrong that I am considering making brownies right this minute? On the eve of “being good”? :)

18. Ashton @ Something Swanky January 1, 2013 @ 9:53 pm (#

Can I just say that I love your blogging “voice?” Seriously. It’s like we’re just chatting in your kitchen. I love it :) These recipes all look fab!!

19. Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchen January 2, 2013 @ 2:41 pm (#

They all look like winners to me! I personally love the corn and chicken chowder, as did my mom and dad when they came to visit a few weeks ago!

20. Sweet Sticky Rainbow August 26, 2013 @ 9:14 pm (#